Cahuenga Elementary School 4

Posted October 04, 2013
A really good public school with caring teachers and a very hands on Principal in Korea town. Cahuenga has a warm, caring environment, good programs for kids like dual language program and Taekwon-do. Also this school really pushes academics and has outstanding test scores. My daughter loves this school so much that she didn't want to have any breaks.

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter has been attending Cahuenga Elementary since Kindergarden, she is now in third grade. She is caucasion and has been enrolled in the Korean dual language program there. I feel like she's been receiving a private school education because of it. She has truly loved each of her teachers and they have shown true love and enthusiasm towards their students. They have done an incredible job. She is reading, writing, and speaking Korean. She has been enrolled with the same students since kindergarden so they have become great friends who have really learned how to appreciate and help one another. They receive music classes, art classes, and Tae-Kwon-Do. My daughter gets so excited to ride the bus to Inner City Arts where she is taught different forms of art. Right now she is learning how to play the recorder in her music class and is thrilled. My daughter loves school. I think Cahuenga is a wonderful place to send children to receive the best education they can, not only through academics but with life skills as well. Thank you Cahuenga.

Posted August 22, 2013
Thank you teachers & staff for another fruitful year!!!! Let us all welcome the new class of 2013-2014.

Posted August 22, 2013
I had the best time with Cougars. The teachers and staff esp. with Ms. Katiyama's regime were the best!

Posted August 05, 2013
Kudos my fellow cougars!!! Keep up the good work every year:-) see you and have a safe back to school year. To all our teachers thank you so much for unending dedication and patience to all your students.

Posted October 05, 2012
my elder child gaduate from this school and one is going to 2nd grade...one of the best school..i like the way they give extra time after school for CST preparation and i like how they give homework everyday......very good school very safe and teachers are very understanding....

Cahuenga Elementary School 2

Posted August 01, 2012
Not to be mean but if your child is learning goodat cahuenga doesnt mean every kid is supposed to i think Cahuenga may be not a very good school!!!! :( sorry.

Posted August 17, 2011
We had some initial trepidation about sending our son to Cahuenga because of public-discourse stereotypes about LAUSD. While the teachers and administration have to deal with federal and state regulations that in some cases limit what they can do, we have overall been delighted with the level of personal attention and genuine care the students receive, the remarkable academic rigor, the depth and diversity of the curriculum, the integration of cultural enrichment, the good will and good faith of the parent community, and most of all the fact that in a dual-language program, bilingual fluency for all students is recognized as an asset and embraced. We are very happy and proud to be at Cahuenga Elementary! I wish the parents took more initiative, but it is not easy when both parents work, and I am myself not as active as I ought to be.

Cahuenga Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2010
I am pleased with the academics at Cahuenga. However, I feel very unsafe sending my child there. Several kids in her class have behavior issues and their parents don't seem to want to or know how to deal with them. It's a real problem!

Posted April 01, 2009
The previous reviews said it all! Cahuenga is just the BEST! My son also speaks, write, and read Korean thanks to Cahuenga. And we are Hispanic. Korean is his third language. I did not have to pay for special classes. It was free! Where? Only in Cahuenga Elementary School.

Cahuenga Elementary School
220 South Hobart Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90004
Last modified Cahuenga Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cahuenga Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top