Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,128

George Washington Carver Middle School 5

Posted November 16, 2012
Happy Holidays from Thelvin Winona Wende Best I am a former student of Carver. I love the school. My memories of friends and fun will last forever. I am 65 years young now. My book is a legacy: "Become Yourself" Workbook - Student Journal by Wende Best Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com

George Washington Carver Middle School 4

Posted October 25, 2012
I'm a parent of an honor student that goes to this school, great administrative staff!!!

Posted November 11, 2008
Carver Middle School is a great school,I attended for all three years. i think that personaly my years there were very enriching. the teachers there are very memorable and i think they do prepare you for high school.i think that there is no school without its flaws and this is no exception.the parents do need to get more involved but the ones thst do help do a great job at it. The after school activities are great!my brother is attending there currently and he has loved the extra curricular activities!so to who ever doesnt agree i believe that they should try and make a change.

Posted September 04, 2008
Very bad school, needs more teachers and personel that care. Bassicaly needs new principal to change school around.

George Washington Carver Middle School 3

Posted January 20, 2007
I went to this school. I came from Trinity Street Elementary. To me, the school was great. The teachers do care but I think it all depends on how the student and parents interact and get involved. .

George Washington Carver Middle School 2

Posted December 16, 2005
tough area, only competent dept is the english dept...good principal, very caring...go w a private school if you can afford it..

George Washington Carver Middle School 1

Posted August 01, 2005
Basically I am just so angry at the way this school doesn't support music or any other activity that can keep our kids safe inside the school until pick-up. This area where the school is located is infested with gang members and thugs. I saw one guy waiting for his son in front of the school blasting his car stereo with the doors wide open with music yelling profanity. Now that is just one of the many reasons this school is not paying attention to their surroundings. Parents need to be more and more involved and I don't mean just picking their children up from school. The school staff and office provide no information whtasoever about the questions we have as parents, so in conclusion I'm thinking of pulling my child from this school because it is not helpful in any way and it's not just me, it's alot of parents.

George Washington Carver Middle School 3

Posted July 12, 2005
Teachers try hard, student conduct and interest is poor. Some after school activities, more becoming available. Parent activity lukewarm.

George Washington Carver Middle School 2

Posted August 24, 2004
Poor leadership, poor dicipline, poor teaching techniques. non caring teachers

Posted June 10, 2004
This school is very tagged from the inside. It is a very bad school. They jump you when you are new to that school. It needs a lot of discipline

4410 Mckinley Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90011
Last modified George Washington Carver Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Carver Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top