Posted September 11, 2013
I love the dedication of the teachers at this school, they are really interested in making sure your child is learning and if they need extra help, they provide it without hesitation. The staff and environment is great because its very welcoming and makes you feel included. Thank you Castelar, keep up the fantastic job!!

Castelar Street Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
My children have been at Castelar for the past year, and we have been very happy with staff and school. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Principal Choi is very involved with school activities and students. Teachers have been good, they need a little more resources and parent involvement. I would like to see a PTA group or some type of group for parents to help and speak to activities in school, or other things to help. Academically my children are learning a lot, more than in my son's previous elementary school and daughter's preschool. Homework is given everyday and helps teach them accountability and to be responsible. The 4 star rating is because school lacks an internet presence to communicate with parents and delivery updates/newsletters on school activities and events.

Castelar Street Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
Great school. Seems underfunded. Committed staff. My children are both very engaged in the environment. Certainly wish it could grow and be more efficient with better tools and technology.

Posted August 08, 2013
At Castelar, nobody curse and all the teachers are terrific, ESPECIALLY the teachers who have been working there for a long time. I LOVE this school. I think that the principle is OKAY, but the staff and teachers TERRIFIC! They really care about the kids and ther education. I am so happy that I went there, but I DO think that they need a better principle. He's nice and friendly, but on a princple level he's a 6.5 out of 10. I loved my first grade teacher because she taught me SO MUCH and was really made me believe that as long as I tried my best, no matter how bad the grade might be, I should be proud of myself no matter what other people say. I enjoyed ALL of my teacers. They were a lot of fun and in kindergarden, I learned how to spell the word "feather". I was so prou of myself that day, but everybody in my class had hard words too like father and amazing. All my teachers in fact were amazing. I had so much fun and made lots of great friends there. I would recommend this school to EVERYONE!!!

Posted June 08, 2011
This is an excellent school! Never have I attended a school that cared more about its students than Castelar. Considering the MAJORITY of the students (my family included) are/were underprivileged ESL students, we fared fairly well academically against other schools in the district. The education we received was way above par. My siblings and I and some of my fellow classmates that graduated from Castelar went on to become GATE students in other schools! I know from personal experience that the education and experience I received at Castelar was top notch. Don't get me wrong, it was no walk in the park, but with a staff that actually cares and an amazing education, what more could you ask for? It was a privilege attending Castelar. :)

Posted June 05, 2011
i hope in the future, castelar would be as good as today! i absolutely reccomend this school to any one out there looking for an elementary school!!

Posted March 27, 2011
The staff and the environment has been such a positive for me. I really loved this school. The teachers here in Castelar are one of the most inspiring individuals I know. I hope when I do have children I can bring them here as well.

Posted January 02, 2011
i absolutely love this school. My former teacher was gone for like half the school year, but we still had fun with our teacher. When it was about time for the CST, we had lots and lots of practice, and we played Jeopardy, and it had really helped. That time, we had split the class in half, and battled each other. At the end, when i got my score, i was really really surprised and impress at how well i have done. Castelar also has great music education. As for me, i love going to Castelar, and i wish that this school will continue on its great work!!

Castelar Street Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2010
Good teachers and nice environment for student

Posted May 18, 2010
It was the best school of all time, awesome teachers, students, friendly staff members all was best. Fighting, swearing, and other bad stuff are BEYOND rare at castelar.

Castelar Street Elementary School
840 Yale Street, Los Angeles, CA  90012
Last modified Castelar Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castelar Street Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top