Charnock Road Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2014
If you DONT MIND having your kids bullied by other kids, coming home with bruises and not being able to address ANYTHING with the Principal Ms. Engalnd then youd love this school! The prinicpal is uninvolved and walks around like a prison guard. She never smiles and yells at the children. She is rude and unfriendly. She never is available to meet with parents cause she has "paperwork" or a "meeting" and if you do happen to catch her and talk to her She is quick to place the blame on whoever is complaining regardless of fault and the only thing she is good at is avoidence and being defensive. I am a very involved parent and if you attend this shcool you have to be to keep the kids safe. I am desperate to get my kids out of this school. The teachers are OK. not great but not horrible. Their last school was amazing. I wish we hadnt moved. My son asks to go back almost everyday because he says the grownups (teacher staff etc) there are "so mean" its heartbreaking. He should have to worry about nothing but learning and playing at school instead he worries about being beatup because the staff do nothing about it and if he does complain he is called a "lair" by principal. so devistating.

Posted April 11, 2014
I love this school. The teachers are very dedicated and both my son and Daugherty are thriving at Charnock.

Posted April 11, 2014
I love this school. The teachers are very dedicated and both my sons are thriving at Charnock.

Charnock Road Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2013
I just saw the CST scores for 2013. Keep up the good work and press ahead, Roadrunners!

Posted May 05, 2013
My sister and I went to this school for k-12 (but that was quite some time ago, since I am now 28 and my sister is 24). WE LOVED our time there and we both turned out great! I now have a doctorate degree from USC and my sister has a BA/Masters from UCLA. I recall that our parent-teacher conferences were always very productive and meaningful. This is primarily because our the teachers cared so much and always provided detailed and thoughtful feedback to my parents. My teaches, to name a few were ... 1st grade - Ms. McLaren (my favorite teacher to this day) 2nd grade - Ms. Wozniak (spelling?, also wonderful!!!) I have since moved out of the area to be closer to family. However, if I still lived in the area my 1st choice in public schools would be Culver City Unified (because of the high school). Charnock Rd elementary is great and I would certainly send my children to this school. I am just not sure about the highschool in this district.

Posted October 18, 2011

Posted September 23, 2011
I'm sure that the Charnock Road Elementary School located in good place, it is a good school with good teachers and good students.

Posted June 10, 2011
My daughters attended Charnock Road for elementary school. They had such a wonderful experience. The teachers and staff are warm, patient and nurturing. Coming in as new students, they felt very welcomed and cared for. To this day, they talk about how nice everyone was, including the children. We have had the most positive experience. Keep up the great work, Charnock!

Posted June 09, 2011
I have visited this school as a speaker/volunteer and must say I have always been impressed with the dedication of the teachers. They truly are committed to and care about their students.

Charnock Road Elementary School
11133 Charnock Road, Los Angeles, CA  90034
Last modified Charnock Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charnock Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews.