Posted October 24, 2014
It is apparent reading these reviews that Great Schools is not vetting them as they suggest in their Review Guidelines. There is clearly a review on this site that unfairly names a teacher. I would like to rebut that dreadful and blatant breaking of the rules. Both of my daughters had the great fortune to be in Ms. Mak's Kindergarten class. Never a more professional, competent, caring and compassionate teacher could one want for your child. For this one negative review I am absolutely positive I could find you hundreds and hundreds of parents and children who have had nothing but a wonderful experience in her classroom. Whatever your grievance dear parent, it is totally unfair of you to call her out in a public space such as this, especially since I am willing to bet that you are probably in the very very small minority of dissatisfied parents. Clover Avenue School is led by a strong, tough principal who sets high expectations of her staff and the children they teach. You were lucky to have been a part of the school. I do wonder if you were brave enough to speak to the principal about your problems with the teacher rather than use this public forum.

Posted April 27, 2014
We couldn't be happier at Clover. Not only is it a brilliant school academically, it has such a diverse, rich student and parent body that it informs our kids about the greater global world. This should be a model school for the US - diversity in background, economics and languages and yet it is one of the top scoring schools in LA and a Blue Ribbon School. Our kids receive an education that is so much more than simply academics. Clover isn't a fancy looking school, but the commitment to a fine teaching staff and educational excellence is inspiring. And in the end isn't that what education should be about?

Posted April 19, 2014
Great school,staff and teachers are awesome. Principal has a good leadership. I am proud to send my kids in this school.

Posted April 17, 2014
We love Clover and have only had great experiences with all of my daughter's teachers, including Miss Mak. She is a wonderfully caring person who is happy to talk to parents if you see or she sees that there is a need. Maybe the previous reviewer is referring to drop-off or pick-up time. Yes, at drop-off and pick-up, it is true that it is hard to talk to any teacher, maybe because the bell is ringing and they need to start class, or they may need to run to a meeting. But they are more than willing to make an appointment with you and talk at a different time. I don't feel this is an issue of only having time to talk if there is funding. Miss Mak is very friendly, and I can't say enough great things about her.

Posted October 16, 2013
We are so lucky to have such a little gem at Clover Avenue. It has a small town feeling where families grow together in our little community. The staff is incredible, the students grow everyday intellectually and the parent body supports it in every way! Clover Avenue, hands down, has the best teachers and staff. From TK all the way up to 5th grade, our teachers support their students 100% in all aspects of their learning ability. The teachers here are the reason our kids succeed in their grade levels. The diverse student body is what makes this school so special. There are so many different languages spoken on our campus from the many different backgrounds our students come from. Together we are one big family - Clover family. The support the parents give to the school is one of a kind. They give with their time, effort and as much enthusiasm as they possibly can. We are so very grateful that our children are able to have the experience of attending this top-notch "National Blue Ribbon" school! Thank you Clover for everything you do everyday!

Posted October 15, 2013
Clover Avenue is a great elementary school. No doubt it is one of the top rated LAUSD schools for many reasons including the devoted teachers and dedicated parents that work hard to help fund dance, PE, computer and other programs. My child who is now in 1st grade loves school and is learning so much. We are so glad our child goes to Clover.

Posted October 07, 2013
Clover Avenue Elementary deserves a "5 Star" rating due to its committed faculty and principal. My twin boys in 2nd grade are receiving excellent instruction in the basics and beyond. While it is not funded by the school district, concerned parents have created a "run club" for physical fitness, orchestra instrument lessons are available, and the after school program is well-run and very accessible. Clover Avenue is one of the few Calif schools to win the prestigious NEA Blue Ribbon Award (I believe the only school in LAUSD) in 2012 and 2011.

Posted October 06, 2013
This is one of the very good elementary in LAUSD dispite its short on funding. We don't have money, but we have devoted teachers and parents work really hard for the children. Sure there are lots of fundraising activities, but we don't ask $1000-1200 per student like other similar schools on the donation so really need to be creative to get money for the school. Clover is not perfect, but we're trying our best with limited resources. The diversity of students races is another specialty of Clover. Overall I'm glad that I choose Clover for my kid.

Posted August 22, 2013
We are new family for this school, and my daughter enjoy this school very much. Thanks for the wonderful school.

Posted August 12, 2013
This is an amazing school with so many opportunities for young minds to grow. All the teachers are so kind and open and very willing to help every single child. My daughter is starting 3rd grade tomorrow and cannot wait to go to school. It is true that school asks for donations, but that is b/c their budget is cut every year and if parents don't help who will. It is for our children's sake. I love the school and I make sure I am involved and helping in any way I can. Anyhow, I do think that the administration staff could use improvement is both their skills and behaviors. The principal is great but her office staff is the first impression that the school makes so some training wouldn't hurt (at least they could smile).

Clover Avenue Elementary School
11020 Clover Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90034
Last modified Clover Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clover Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 132 reviews. Top