Los Angeles, CA

Posted April 25, 2014
My son has attended k-6 at Dahlia. I've been pleased to have him with so many amazing teachers. He loves the school.

Posted October 26, 2013
I went to this elementary school from 2002-2005 when I first moved from Mexico to the United States and couldn't have asked for a better transition. I really do wish I could have attended all through my elementary years but unfortunately only experienced 4-6th grades. Every teacher I had was absolutely amazing and helped guide me and prepare me for later success. There was a lot of fine arts which I think still persist; it was a great way to make kids excited about each day. I believe 2 of the 3 teachers I had are still in the school. We ended up moving away and my brother finished school elsewhere, it was a day and night difference: this school cares about who students will eventually grow up to be.

Posted October 24, 2013
Parent involvement and influence seem to have reached an all time high. The parents involved have created funding for arts programs, field trips and general teacher/student assistance. Its good to be a part of such a pro-active parent school.

Posted September 23, 2013
We are first year parents with our daughter in Kindergarten. The PTA and Principal are extremely pro-active and the classroom size/student body is manageable. We are VERY impressed thus far!

Posted August 10, 2013
With the last of three children having graduated from Dahlia in June, it is bittersweet to be leaving our Dahlia home behind. We will truly miss the school, faculty and staff, and consider many of them good friends. My kids obtained a great education, and are prepared for the next phase that lies ahead. Dahlia families are very committed to this school and work very hard to provide the kids with opportunities in, and beyond the classroom. Congrats to the families that are entering this year, you will be surprised and amazed with this special and beloved place.

Posted June 04, 2013
I was a student in Dahila Heights between the timeline of late 2007 to mid 2009, I've been in this school for almost two years and I gotta say it was by far the BEST Elementary School I've been to! It is very organized, there were fun programs afterschool, and the bullying rate in my opinion was low. When I graduated in this school I was sad that I had to leave my friends and the friendly staff. The Principal was nice too. I would say this was one of my best schools i've ever been to.

Posted August 21, 2012
i dont have any comment right now because class just started. my daughter enjoying her class

Posted February 22, 2012
Our family moved from a small Beverly Hills apartment to a beautiful Eagle Rock house two years ago. We were naturally concerned with moving our two boys from BHUSD to LAUSD, but this school has proven to be a great success. It may not have all the "Beverly Hills bells and whistles", but the knowledgeable staff, and challenging curriculum definitely make up for it. I have never felt a greater sense of community and parent involvement than at Dahlia Heights. I really love all aspects of this school and I am proud to have my kids attend here.

Posted February 07, 2012
We came from a charter school that really didn't work for my child. In contrast, the principal and staff at Dahlia have worked with us from day one to get him the proper support he needs. This is a far cry from other schools that just passed the buck. His anxiety has tapered off, his self confidence has improved and I he really likes this school. The exemplary staff and leadership really sets an example for other schools to follow. Also worth mentioning is the after school program, ARC led by Domi. He and his staff have been very understanding to our unique situation and I will be forever grateful for the way they have made the transition process much smoother for my child. The parent participation is one to be envied. The community of teachers, parents and staff have made Dahlia one of the great schools of LAUSD.

Posted January 26, 2012
Dahlia is a great neighborhood school! It is committed to the arts and the environment. The new office manager is a joy to be around and Principal Greenstadt is very dedicated. Overall the teachers are good and a few of them are truly stellar! The parent community is diverse and involved. PTA hosts educational speakers, fun community events and fundraisers to support the school. My child graduated last spring and I feel she received a solid academic foundation at Dahlia Heights. She is thriving academically at her new middle school, thanks in part to Dahlia Heights! Lastly, Dahlia is a School for Advanced Studies, so academically-gifted children out of the DHES boundaries can apply to attend. The school holds tours for prospective parents in the winter and spring, so check it out if you live in Eagle Rock or nearby.

Dahlia Heights Elementary School
5063 Floristan Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90041
Last modified Dahlia Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dahlia Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top