Los Angeles, CA

Posted August 10, 2015
I had my children at a nearby Charter from Dahlia and it has been the best choice I made. It got to a point where the kids and the system at the charter school reminded me of the song " Another Brick on the Wall" at Dahlia they are now more social and can have fun while learning and have really excelled socially and academically. They are happier and always eager to learn. The teachers and the parents are very welcoming. The teachers and administration are also very supportive and communicate so well with staff, parents and the community.

Dahlia Heights Elementary School
Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 10, 2015
The school provides with the proper amount. At the previous school they where provided with excessive amount that would take any where from 4 to 6 hours that would equal to 16pages a day. The children get enough not to hate or dread school.

Dahlia Heights Elementary School 3

Posted July 20, 2015
I can't argue with the fact that this school is a hidden gem and it's in my very own city! It's without a doubt a great school, with some awesome teachers and dedicated parents. However with that dedication, comes this sense of entitlement from the very active members of the PTA. Let's get real, you're not curing cancer, you are voting on what to sell at the bake sale. Needless to say they take their job very seriously. It's this type of attitude that 's a huge reason why I am not more directly involved. The cliques (formed by parents) that you encounter rival those of middle students who gossip daily debating on who they should allow to sit at their lunch table. For the record, I know I am not the only parent who feels this way. I fully support this school and faculty and with the exception of a few bad apples, I would have to say I am very happy with sending my daughter to Dahlia.

Posted February 07, 2015
We have been parents at Dahlia for four years with one child in 3rd grade and another now in Kinder and our experience has been great. The new Principle and PTA work very hard to give the students the best experience possible. It's a very small community and we feel our children are safe at Dahlia and getting a well rounded education. As part of the LAUSD system it's not perfect but there are a lot of teachers, staff, and parents there working everyday to make it as strong as possible.

Posted April 25, 2014
My son has attended k-6 at Dahlia. I've been pleased to have him with so many amazing teachers. He loves the school.

Posted October 26, 2013
I went to this elementary school from 2002-2005 when I first moved from Mexico to the United States and couldn't have asked for a better transition. I really do wish I could have attended all through my elementary years but unfortunately only experienced 4-6th grades. Every teacher I had was absolutely amazing and helped guide me and prepare me for later success. There was a lot of fine arts which I think still persist; it was a great way to make kids excited about each day. I believe 2 of the 3 teachers I had are still in the school. We ended up moving away and my brother finished school elsewhere, it was a day and night difference: this school cares about who students will eventually grow up to be.

Dahlia Heights Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
Parent involvement and influence seem to have reached an all time high. The parents involved have created funding for arts programs, field trips and general teacher/student assistance. Its good to be a part of such a pro-active parent school.

Posted September 23, 2013
We are first year parents with our daughter in Kindergarten. The PTA and Principal are extremely pro-active and the classroom size/student body is manageable. We are VERY impressed thus far!

Posted August 10, 2013
With the last of three children having graduated from Dahlia in June, it is bittersweet to be leaving our Dahlia home behind. We will truly miss the school, faculty and staff, and consider many of them good friends. My kids obtained a great education, and are prepared for the next phase that lies ahead. Dahlia families are very committed to this school and work very hard to provide the kids with opportunities in, and beyond the classroom. Congrats to the families that are entering this year, you will be surprised and amazed with this special and beloved place.

Posted June 04, 2013
I was a student in Dahila Heights between the timeline of late 2007 to mid 2009, I've been in this school for almost two years and I gotta say it was by far the BEST Elementary School I've been to! It is very organized, there were fun programs afterschool, and the bullying rate in my opinion was low. When I graduated in this school I was sad that I had to leave my friends and the friendly staff. The Principal was nice too. I would say this was one of my best schools i've ever been to.

Dahlia Heights Elementary School
5063 Floristan Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90041
Last modified Dahlia Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dahlia Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 82 reviews. Top