Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 21, 2013
I'M A FORMER STUDENT AT DAYTON HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY I FIRST WENT TO DAYTON HEIGHTS ON SEPTEMBER OF 1978 AND I REMEMBER HOW NICE IT USE TO BE THERE.... THE OPEN HOUSE WOULD BE HELD AT 7:00PM SO ALL THE PARENTS CAN MAKE IT TO SEE HOW THERE CHILDREN WERE DOING IN SCHOOL.... ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT DAYTON HEIGHTS IS NOT THE SAME ANY MORE I REMEMBER THE 5 DE MAYO DANCES KNOW THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THAT.... BUT I'M GLAD THAT WE HAVE A GREAT PRINCIPLE THAT IS MAKING NEW ACTIVITIES FOR THE CHILDREN.... BUT ONLY ONE THING I DON'T AGREE WITH THE PRINCIPLE IS THAT SHE IS NOT GOING TO DECORATE THE 5TH GRADES LIL GRADUATION CEREMONY IF THE PARENTS WHAT IT DECORATED THE PARENT'S HAVE TO DO IT I DON'T THINK ITS RIGHT.... I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I'M VERY PROUD THAT MY SON HAS A VERY GREAT TEACHER FOR SPECIAL ED MS. ALDEN IS A WONDER TEACHER I'M GLAD THAT DAYTON HEIGHTS HAS A GREAT TEACHER.... ALSO THE STAFF IS SO WONDERFUL STARTING WITH MS. LORENA, MS. SUSY, MS. ISABEL, AND THE PRINCIPLE THEY ARE GREAT PEOPLE.....

Dayton Heights Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2013
I take pride in my work, but this school has gone through some difficult times. We need a leader that is respectful, professional as well as willing to work in making the necessary changes to better the school. I feel frustrated, and angry when I see staff who are not certificated cover a class, and others taking more breaks than allowed or sitting because they cannot perform their duties and getting away with it. I hope for a great change to make this school one of the best.

Dayton Heights Elementary School 4

Posted July 11, 2012
I'm Sorry But This Is A Student" I'm The Class Of 2OO6 Or O5' I Was Hoping That You Have A Yearbook Of O5 Or O6 Year? Please Email Me.. Albertomrls41gmail.com thanks! Roberto Morales@

Dayton Heights Elementary School 1

Posted June 23, 2012
This used to be a good school. However, this past year a new principal was assigned and she has changed the morale of the school. Staff and teachers seem unhappy and many good teachers are leaving. The several times I have interacted with the principal she has been rude and condescending. My children both complain about her attitude and treatment of the students. I am considering pulling my children from this school unless the principal leaves. There is also a huge bullying problem in this school.

Dayton Heights Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2012
I am greatful to have my children assigned to good & passionate teachers. My concern though is the safety of children. I have noticed that the school is very open in letting people in & out of the school grounds before & after school hours most especially in the back entrance. A child can easily be abducted without anyone knowing it. This is one important issue that the new administration must focus on. School personnel must be present at all times on all gates soonest time it is opened so they know & be familiarized with parents & children coming to this school. Never let children loiter outside the school gates as they wait for their parents to pick them up. This will attract ill-intentioned people. Let us not wait for something to happen before the school acts on this issue. I am a very concerned parent.

Dayton Heights Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2011
This school year begun with yet another principal, not good for the continuing students. The staff is the same,but they have also shown a much less happier demeanor.

Posted June 09, 2011
I love this school because they have excellent teachers and really nice stuff, excellent programs ,and if you get lucky enough one teacher in 5th grade can let you use the laptops i know because i used to go to Dayton heights elementary school

Posted April 03, 2011
Our beloved school of Bellevue primary School had closed down. And when we joined Dayton Heights Elementary School it was a whole new great enviornment and experience. I was really scared at first but all the teachers at Bellevue got to work there too so I was not scared any more. My teacher Ms.Kyon is the best. She brings joy and happiness to the students.She teached us how to read and write. We feel safe knowing that Ms.Kyon is there with me. She is very passionate in teaching the students like me. She supported me and my classmates. I love Dayton Heights and I LOVE Ms.Kyon! -Stephanie P.

Dayton Heights Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2010
This is my son's second year at Dayton Heights, and I first have to day that we have been very lucky to have the same teacher both years. The teacher truly cares about the children he teaches. This person takes his personal time to tutor kids that are struggling with work after school, and really goes above and beyond for our kids. I have noticed several times parents picking up their children and the teacher telling them how their children misbehaved that day. The parents actually laughed at the bad acts or totally ignore him. I say, if we expect our teachers to give their fullest to our children, why don't we? I agree that this school administration needs to get it together, but hey.. so do you parents who don't take responsibility for your kids. Parents, if we don't take education seriously, how do we expect our children too?

Posted April 15, 2010

Dayton Heights Elementary School
607 North Westmoreland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90004
Last modified Dayton Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dayton Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top