Bad
Good

I am very happy with my child attending this school. Principal is available when needed and ready to provide answers no matter what. Staff is very friendly and reading the previous review really doesnt sit well with me. I think ms sotelo is amazing. She is very involved with her young students and their families. She is a great support system for parents who have recently had their child diagnosed. She seems professional in all she does and i consider myself a very fortunate individual to have had the opportunity to have had contact with ms. Sotelo. Please do not let one negative review from one angry person give you the wrong idea of others.

This little school would be ok if it weren't for the psychopaths and minions that run it. Stay away from Diane Rodriguez (principal) and Olivia Sotelo (teacher), amongst many others. You've been warned...

My daughter recently started kinder.. So far the skool has been great.. She always comes home happy n learns alot.. The teacher is really nice n sweet... Thanx dayton heights

I'M A FORMER STUDENT AT DAYTON HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY I FIRST WENT TO DAYTON HEIGHTS ON SEPTEMBER OF 1978 AND I REMEMBER HOW NICE IT USE TO BE THERE.... THE OPEN HOUSE WOULD BE HELD AT 7:00PM SO ALL THE PARENTS CAN MAKE IT TO SEE HOW THERE CHILDREN WERE DOING IN SCHOOL.... ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT DAYTON HEIGHTS IS NOT THE SAME ANY MORE I REMEMBER THE 5 DE MAYO DANCES KNOW THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THAT.... BUT I'M GLAD THAT WE HAVE A GREAT PRINCIPLE THAT IS MAKING NEW ACTIVITIES FOR THE CHILDREN.... BUT ONLY ONE THING I DON'T AGREE WITH THE PRINCIPLE IS THAT SHE IS NOT GOING TO DECORATE THE 5TH GRADES LIL GRADUATION CEREMONY IF THE PARENTS WHAT IT DECORATED THE PARENT'S HAVE TO DO IT I DON'T THINK ITS RIGHT.... I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I'M VERY PROUD THAT MY SON HAS A VERY GREAT TEACHER FOR SPECIAL ED MS. ALDEN IS A WONDER TEACHER I'M GLAD THAT DAYTON HEIGHTS HAS A GREAT TEACHER.... ALSO THE STAFF IS SO WONDERFUL STARTING WITH MS. LORENA, MS. SUSY, MS. ISABEL, AND THE PRINCIPLE THEY ARE GREAT PEOPLE.....

I take pride in my work, but this school has gone through some difficult times. We need a leader that is respectful, professional as well as willing to work in making the necessary changes to better the school. I feel frustrated, and angry when I see staff who are not certificated cover a class, and others taking more breaks than allowed or sitting because they cannot perform their duties and getting away with it. I hope for a great change to make this school one of the best.

I'm Sorry But This Is A Student" I'm The Class Of 2OO6 Or O5' I Was Hoping That You Have A Yearbook Of O5 Or O6 Year? Please Email Me.. Albertomrls41gmail.com thanks! Roberto Morales@

This used to be a good school. However, this past year a new principal was assigned and she has changed the morale of the school. Staff and teachers seem unhappy and many good teachers are leaving. The several times I have interacted with the principal she has been rude and condescending. My children both complain about her attitude and treatment of the students. I am considering pulling my children from this school unless the principal leaves. There is also a huge bullying problem in this school.

I am greatful to have my children assigned to good & passionate teachers. My concern though is the safety of children. I have noticed that the school is very open in letting people in & out of the school grounds before & after school hours most especially in the back entrance. A child can easily be abducted without anyone knowing it. This is one important issue that the new administration must focus on. School personnel must be present at all times on all gates soonest time it is opened so they know & be familiarized with parents & children coming to this school. Never let children loiter outside the school gates as they wait for their parents to pick them up. This will attract ill-intentioned people. Let us not wait for something to happen before the school acts on this issue. I am a very concerned parent.

This school year begun with yet another principal, not good for the continuing students. The staff is the same,but they have also shown a much less happier demeanor.

I love this school because they have excellent teachers and really nice stuff, excellent programs ,and if you get lucky enough one teacher in 5th grade can let you use the laptops i know because i used to go to Dayton heights elementary school

Last modified Dayton Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.