Los Angeles, CA

Posted June 09, 2014
Where to begin about Temple Israel of Hollywood - the teachers of course. It all begins with the teachers. My two sons have been there now a total of 9 years (my oldest K-5, my youngest K-2), in that time we've had 12 different teachers, each more amazing than the next. Academically both boys, though wildly different in temperament, have thrived. But more than that, Temple Israel's teachers create a family environment so full of love and respect, school feels more like a home to them than just a school. I remember the tricks I used to pull to get out of school and either my kids are not nearly as clever as I was or they simply love the place - I almost never hear "I don't want to go to school today." Throw in a top notch administration and a super-involved and cool parent community and you have the makings of greatness. My oldest is headed to Larchmont Charter next year, he'll miss Temple Israel so much, but one thing I know for sure - he'll arrive at his new school confident. educated, and loved. Thank you Temple Israel of Hollywood Day School!

Temple Israel Of Hollywood Day School 2

Posted April 13, 2014
I was very unhappy with this school so I pulled both of my kids out!

Posted April 07, 2014
An amazing school -- warm, nurturing and academically challenging! They really get to know your child. My daughter went all the way through 6th grade and transitioned easily to a rigorous 7-12 private school.

Posted April 06, 2014
I've been a parent at the Day School for seven years I'm so impressed with the academic strategy---how the programs grow and adapt based on student needs and developing technologies. They blend spiritual, emotional & academic development very well. We are very happy there with the community, administration and faculty. As for the community, the more you put I to it theore you receive We invest a lot of our hearts and minds there and feel we are rewarded in droves.

Posted April 04, 2014
An amazing school and community! The kids never want to leave- that sums it up!

Posted April 04, 2014
Our academics are rigorous and our students are joyful. Our approach to learning is holistic and developmentally appropriate; it is anchored in Jewish values and ethics, and build upon a culture of living Jewishly as our rich foundation. Our graduates are highly prepared for and accepted to LA's top private middle schools, public magnets, and charter schools. Middle schools love our graduates because they report, "Temple Israel kids know who they are and what they need to be successful."

Temple Israel Of Hollywood Day School 2

Posted November 09, 2011
Had great hopes for this temple/school but found the principal to care only about money, not about parents involvement at all. As I was unable to contribute as much money as other of my child's classmates, I was shunned and the teachers became less friendly. They are interested in reputation, not people.

Temple Israel Of Hollywood Day School 0

Posted May 13, 2010
I have never seen a school so beautifully educate the whole child: mind, and spirit. The graduates are such well spoken, kind and menschy human beings, who make good choices and share the value of giving back to the community. I can not wait for my child to start there in the fall!

Temple Israel Of Hollywood Day School 0

Posted April 01, 2010
I toured a lot of private schools in the area. TIOH isn't the prettiest, or the best at selling itself, but the kids who come out of there were the most well spoken, kindest, most enthusiastic bunch of all of them. I highly recommend you check out the place. Especially in a town like LA, where kids grow up too fast, TIOH is a great start to raising a smart mensch-y kid. And the new principal, Rachel Lewin is incredible.

Posted December 03, 2009
The new principal is incredible! She's made the school a bit more rigorous academically but hasn't lost one bit of the warm community feeling. I've never seen more confident, happy, interested children in any school. Whether or not you're Jewish (we're a mixed faith family), you can't go wrong with the amazing academics and character building that this school does.

Temple Israel Of Hollywood Day School
7300 Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90046
Last modified Temple Israel Of Hollywood Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Temple Israel Of Hollywood Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top