K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I taught at Temple Israel for many years and I am very familiar with the different administrations (There have really been two significant administrations, for the most part). I can say with complete honesty and sincerity that 98% of the staff at TIOH are very highly invested in meeting the needs of the students, above all else. They care a great deal about children and how they impact their lives. Like most teachers, they sure aren't doing it to get rich. If you take a tour, talk to other parents. They have no reason to lie or exaggerate. During my tenure at TIOH, values, citizenship, fairness, and responsibility were recurring, prioritized themes when mapping out the year. As for the parent with the special needs child who was disappointed or offended by her experience, I won't pretend to know the administration's reason for wanting that conversation to be private, but it's certainly not because the school turns away special needs kids. The school has had deaf students, a student with dwarfism, a downs syndrome student, countless students with processing issues, Aspergers, Anxiety and OCD issues, language problems, and more. The reality is that special needs can take 100 different forms and it would be irresponsible for an administrator to public agree that a shadow for the child is sufficient for the child to succeed in the school's environment. The school isn't set up to necessarily provide the necessary resources for any kind of special needs kid that comes along. That's probably why the administrator preferred a private conversation on the matter. Any kind of attitude, rudeness, etc. I can't defend without being witness, but I can say with confidence that the staff as a rule is very professional, considerate, and emotionally invested in doing their best for parents and students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Simply put, our teacher experience is very poor. She just doesn't care and not interested teaching. It's just a job for a pay check.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I find them very lazy, they want to do the minimum work and no teaching. The students need to come with no question and already knowing the lesson. The school imposes u on top of the tuition, education therapy (tutor who cost $150/hour) several time a week to minimize their teacher's work.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework was a normal amount, but repetitive. It was done in less than 45 minutes. The only problem it is not correct it. So Students practice for their exams at home on theit homework that will never be correct it.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers miss so many days in addition to the days off for Jewish holidays. School is very relaxed about teachers attendance. School runs more like a daycare.

Unless your local public school is terrible and there is no better private option then you should consider this school. My son's teacher had a bad attitude, missed so many days of school, and had very poor communication skills. People working at the school pad themselves for doing a good job but I disagree. I found it to be a waist of money and received no benefit for what I paid for.

My kids attended this school for two years and were very unhappy. I don't recommend sending your children here!

Where to begin about Temple Israel of Hollywood - the teachers of course. It all begins with the teachers. My two sons have been there now a total of 9 years (my oldest K-5, my youngest K-2), in that time we've had 12 different teachers, each more amazing than the next. Academically both boys, though wildly different in temperament, have thrived. But more than that, Temple Israel's teachers create a family environment so full of love and respect, school feels more like a home to them than just a school. I remember the tricks I used to pull to get out of school and either my kids are not nearly as clever as I was or they simply love the place - I almost never hear "I don't want to go to school today." Throw in a top notch administration and a super-involved and cool parent community and you have the makings of greatness. My oldest is headed to Larchmont Charter next year, he'll miss Temple Israel so much, but one thing I know for sure - he'll arrive at his new school confident. educated, and loved. Thank you Temple Israel of Hollywood Day School!

An amazing school -- warm, nurturing and academically challenging! They really get to know your child. My daughter went all the way through 6th grade and transitioned easily to a rigorous 7-12 private school.

I've been a parent at the Day School for seven years I'm so impressed with the academic strategy---how the programs grow and adapt based on student needs and developing technologies. They blend spiritual, emotional & academic development very well. We are very happy there with the community, administration and faculty. As for the community, the more you put I to it theore you receive We invest a lot of our hearts and minds there and feel we are rewarded in droves.

Last modified Temple Israel Of Hollywood Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-6