K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Simply put, our teacher experience is very poor. She just doesn't care and not interested teaching. It's just a job for a pay check.

The students and their families are nice and welcoming and the facility is beautiful and clean. I feel the school isn't about good education for the students but a good place for the teachers and principle to work at. I am very disappointed in the quality of the main teacher in my son's class (many parents feel this way). The principle and assistant principle aren't caring or even interested to make a difference. Their beauty and quality of education is only skin deep...we are leaving the school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Honesty: Nope. The school chastised one of its own for speaking up about a situation. Integrity: Nope. The school wanted nothing to do with me or my son for being "different." They tried to speak very carefully to me so they didn't appear discriminatory, but it was very blatant that that is what they were. Fairness: Nope. How can they teach fairness to their own students when they themselves don't even set a good example? The school didn't even bother to find out details of my son's situation.

The staff at this school should be embarrassed to call themselves child educators. I attended an open house last year for my son entering Kindergarten. There was a Q&A portion at the end where the Head of School, Principal and Admissions Director encouraged the parents to “ask them anything.” I volunteered that my son attended preschool with a private aide to help him in some areas, and asked if the school was ok with having an aide (that I paid for) if my son needed it. If looks could kill, I would have been dead at that moment. One of the staff said immediately, “That’s a private question.” At that moment, one of the parent docents who was leading the tour revealed that there were indeed private aides who were helping kids with learning differences. The staff nearly fell off their chairs. At the end of the open house, I saw the Head of School chastising the parent who had spoken up. The Admissions Director came over to me to discuss our situation, and strongly discouraged me from even applying. This school should be ashamed to claim that they teach any sort of human values, lessons on diversity, or differentiated or individualized learning when they don’t even come close to walking the walk.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I find them very lazy, they want to do the minimum work and no teaching. The students need to come with no question and already knowing the lesson. The school imposes u on top of the tuition, education therapy (tutor who cost $150/hour) several time a week to minimize their teacher's work.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework was a normal amount, but repetitive. It was done in less than 45 minutes. The only problem it is not correct it. So Students practice for their exams at home on theit homework that will never be correct it.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers miss so many days in addition to the days off for Jewish holidays. School is very relaxed about teachers attendance. School runs more like a daycare.

Unless your local public school is terrible and there is no better private option then you should consider this school. My son's teacher had a bad attitude, missed so many days of school, and had very poor communication skills. People working at the school pad themselves for doing a good job but I disagree. I found it to be a waist of money and received no benefit for what I paid for.

My kids attended this school for two years and were very unhappy. I don't recommend sending your children here!

Where to begin about Temple Israel of Hollywood - the teachers of course. It all begins with the teachers. My two sons have been there now a total of 9 years (my oldest K-5, my youngest K-2), in that time we've had 12 different teachers, each more amazing than the next. Academically both boys, though wildly different in temperament, have thrived. But more than that, Temple Israel's teachers create a family environment so full of love and respect, school feels more like a home to them than just a school. I remember the tricks I used to pull to get out of school and either my kids are not nearly as clever as I was or they simply love the place - I almost never hear "I don't want to go to school today." Throw in a top notch administration and a super-involved and cool parent community and you have the makings of greatness. My oldest is headed to Larchmont Charter next year, he'll miss Temple Israel so much, but one thing I know for sure - he'll arrive at his new school confident. educated, and loved. Thank you Temple Israel of Hollywood Day School!

Last modified Temple Israel Of Hollywood Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-6