Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,170

Charles Drew Middle School 1

Posted April 20, 2014
This has got to be one of the worst middle schools that I've ever seen. I don't have enough space, or time to tell you just how BAD!!!! this school really is. Lord please BLESS this school.

Posted August 17, 2012
MY NAME IS ANGELICA ORIHUELA I GRADUATED FROM DREW IN 1991. I LOVED GOING TO SCHOOL NOT THE BEST STUDENT BUT I TRIED. I MISS MY TEACHERS AND FRIENDS I MOVED TO NEW YORK IN SEPTEMBER FROM THE SAME YEAR SO I LOST ALL CONTACT WITH MY FRIENDS AND WOULD LOVE TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPEND TO ALL OF THEM SO CLASS OF 1990/1991 CONTACT ME.

Posted October 12, 2011
I attended Drew for 2 1/2 yrs, I cant really say it was good or bad, it was pretty much what one makes it, I do know I made alot of great friends there and i would actually love to know if I would be able to find some of them through you guys, i would really appreciate it, i attended Drew I believe in 1990.

Posted December 02, 2010
I was a teacher at Charles Drew Middle school for eight years and during that time I saw many good things going on. Like all institutions you will fnd both good bad.. Some of the views expressed by some fail to take into consideration the variable involve in evaluation education,for example some of the best teacher that I worked with in my 23 years of teaching was found at Drew,especially in the sixth grade,but school teachers are not the only ones that make a school good or bad.(my name is Mr Scrutchions)

Posted September 11, 2010
I attened Drew 1991. Drew was a school that no one wanted to go to. There were kids in gangs and lots of other kids in gangs who'd come to our school to retaliate. Kids were afraid of other kids who were bullies, kids who looked for any reason to hurt another take ones personal iteams like shoes, jackets, food,money, jewlery etc. Kids didn't learn very much. Teachers were even afraid of the students. Students knew that and abused the system. At some point, even the security was afraid of controlling the students, so they'd pretend not to see what was happening. I really believe that a school will succeed if it has a strong principal who is determined to beat all odds. The principal also needs a strong group of administrators who will support he/her decisions. This will make teachers feel safe and thus care more about their profession.

Charles Drew Middle School 2

Posted February 24, 2010
I attend Charles Drew MS and I feel that it is a very bad school. i'M Not Saying it's Because of The Students I think its because of the teachers. They really don't care about the students, they just wanted the money. But if there was one teacher who really cared, And that teacher is Mrs. Xavier. I used to have her for 6th period science. Even though kids didn't listen, she would try to teach and she will always give us extra help like a teacher should.

Posted September 07, 2009
Drew is the best school ever I love this school so much I graduate from that school it help me alot

Posted January 06, 2009
I was an alumni at drew m.S i actually feel i am who i am because of this school i did feel i could have learned more because i feel i learned nothin and school was harder because of that but in the end my personality i owe to that school

Posted December 12, 2008
I used to go to Drew and I feel that it is a very bad school. But not because of the students, because of the teachers. They don't care about the kids, they just wanted the money. But if there was one teacher who cared, it was Mrs. Xavier. I used to have her for 1st per. science. Even though kids didn't listen, she would always give us extra help like a teacher should.- Jaevaunghie

Posted November 18, 2008
As an alumni of drew middle i have to say that drew is not the best school in the world. I had my ups and downs there but it wasn't all bad. I loved almost all of my teachers and the students were a handfull but they ment no harm. I learned much and graduated from there with salutitorial rankings with a gpa of 3.0 On a 4.0 Scale. I didn't think that i learned a lot or enough when i was there but now that im in high school i realize that i did. Drew is a good school and i do reccomend it

8511 Compton Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90001
Last modified Charles Drew Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles Drew Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top