Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 2,655

Posted June 10, 2015
im impressed with my kids learning. they easily adjust to the curriculum and environment . they easily learn English and meet new friends. I'm hopeful that they may continue to encourage and support new students especially from different country! More Power and looking forward for more years of healthy happy and trusting relationship with parents teachers and students!

Posted May 20, 2015
The school has so many options that other schools don't. It's a highly gifted magnet school. It's an International Baccalaureate school. It has a variety of AP classes. The students take 4 classes a day on a block schedule. We have an extremely diverse student population. What else does one have to say? On the list of the most challenging schools in CA, we're 135 ahead of La Canada, South Pasadena, and San Marino (Washington Post). Also, since it's an IB school, students are more highly sought after by universities than the rest of the student population by an average of 22%. Don't let this rating system fool you. Out of 10 stars, we're a 10.

Posted February 15, 2015
I'm in the 8th grade and I have made many friends in this very school I enjoy the teachers here c: I love the optional classes here But there may be bullies here and there if you dress in bands t-shirts or say bad things about people. The problem is that the only swim teacher (Mrs. Matsumura) makes me cover my clothing because she is to religious and is afraid of skulls, also has thought I was a satanist but I cleared that up other than that I'm perfectly fine with my school c:

Posted April 25, 2014
Both my children recently graduated from ERHS and were accepted to colleges of their choice with excellent scholarships. They were groomed to be leaders and passed all of their 6to 8 AP courses. I love the school. They have tons of sports and clubs to join. I'm excited that my youngest will be starting ERHS in 7th next year.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 20, 2013
This school is GREAT! My sister used to attend this school and had a 5.0 GPA in 11th-12th grade and a 4.0 in 8th-10th grade. She graduated and was accepted into many colleges with many scholarships. I now attend the school and am in 10th grade. I have been there since 7th grade and have had great experiences since. All the teachers are very helpful and actually care about each student equally. There are always fun events happening in the school. Since im in the Gifted MAGNET program I know that AP and Honors classes are great in academics. There are almost no bullies and everyone is welcome. Every day you learn so much from the revolving 4 classes out of 8 each day. I extremely recommend this school if you want your child to have great academic and fun experiences that will help them later on in life.

Posted September 20, 2013
I love this school! The academics, the students, the events, the clubs, the programs, the teachers, and the whole school itself is great. I took my two daughters out of Renarts because it was not academic at all, all the teachers were mean, the students were bullies, and overall it was terrible. I kept my son in Eagle Rock and he loved it so I put my daughters in there and they instantly made friends, had great grades, and enjoyed the rest of their time there. There are so many great things that the school has to offer. All I can say is terrific!

Eagle Rock High School 2

Posted September 06, 2013
This school is large and intimidating. The teachers are great. Like with any school you have some that maybe should take some time away, but over all I have had good experiences. I think that MORE parents need to be involved. Stop complaining and show you mean business if you want changes to be made!!

Eagle Rock High School 4

Posted July 08, 2013
This school seems very educated and the teacher's sound great. I don't particularly know much about the school, but it seems like a great place to send my children

Eagle Rock High School 1

Posted February 07, 2013
Terrible school, don't let these LAUSD faculty & Teachers fool you when they talk the school up, it is a disaster there, Teachers are always absent, Classes are 30+ students, the system the have set up with their teachers teaching the middle schoolers & also the high schoolers seems to have them flustered and overworked. Currently looking for a charter school as a alternative or maybe a move out of the district.

Eagle Rock High School 4

Posted October 11, 2012
This school has a highly commendable teaching staff and some very supportive administrators/counselors/coordinators especially for those students who are serious with their studies and academic goals. A large school comes with a broad range of kids with varying abilities, hence the mediocre test scores. Overall, they have managed to maintain standards in spite of challenging budget constraints.

Eagle Rock High School
1750 Yosemite Drive, Los Angeles, CA  90041
Last modified Eagle Rock High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Rock High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top