Thomas A. Edison Middle School 3

Posted September 29, 2012
im a student in my last year of middl school. well, im in the honors program and im a straight A student (yes we exist) no im not a unicorn. the teachers arent all at the same level, some teacher dont care about students and some do. every teacher does offer tutoring for free and the principal is good too. there 2 cops walking around campus and 3 deans there rarely any fights and we wear our student IDs around our necks at all times, we have around 5-10 clubs year book, AVID ,MESA, football, soccer, anime club, cheer, allstars, chop shop, book club.

Posted August 27, 2012
Thomas Edison Middle School has made great forward strides in student discipline and academic achievement over the past 15 years. The campus is clean, students are generally polite and respectful and student attention on learning makes teaching at the school a pleasure. One area that still needs improvement is parent participation with their children's homework. When a majority of parents are actively involved with their children's homework/learning, Edison will take another giant leap forward with their mission of college ready, life-long learners.

Posted August 30, 2011
Edison is now one of, if not the highest performing middle school in local district 7. It is to be commended for its efforts. Thanks to the awesom leadership and wonderful teachers, Edison middle school students are college prepared and career ready! They now have an SAS program in Math (School for Advanced Studies). Way to go Edison!

Thomas A. Edison Middle School 1

Posted October 17, 2010
Should basically be abolished. Nothing I see has changed in that school except for the huge fence around it that makes it seem like a jail.

Posted May 21, 2010
I love Thomas Alva Edison Middle School because it is full of teachers and staff who are dedicated to helping our students become life long learners, no matter what challenges lay before them.

Thomas A. Edison Middle School 4

Posted March 18, 2009
I attended ThomasAlva Edison on 2003-2004 and my experiences were amazing. There was alot of gang related people thatwere disrespectful but his school showed me the true meaning of life and also showed me that if I wanted to become someone I had to ignore things around me and move on with my life because only the strongest survive. I would recommend this school because it makes you responsible for yourself and gives you great opportunities and prizes if you do.

Thomas A. Edison Middle School 3

Posted September 04, 2008
I think the API growth is great! I am glad that the principal we currently have cares about the students and is making positive changes....just visit the campus and you can see the difference!

Posted August 10, 2008

Thomas A. Edison Middle School 1

Posted January 25, 2008

Thomas A. Edison Middle School 2

Posted November 07, 2006
I was a student at Edison Middle School from 2000-2002. The school was under mass improvement with Ms. Banton as principal. She did a remarkable with the little time she was there and should be applauded. Test scores rose and the overall appearance of the school improved. Education in the gifted program is challenge and kept up to date. There are no sports extracurricular but there is a great leadership and music program.

Thomas A. Edison Middle School
6500 Hooper Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90001
Last modified Thomas A. Edison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas A. Edison Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top