Bad
Good

The principal doesn't know what she's doing. Some of the teachers are good. My two grand kids go here. Too many nosey parents.

I am very happy with El Sereno Elementary. I like that the new principal is strict and goal oriented; Ms. Morelan has helped the school make great academic improvement. The teachers, students, administration, parent center and parents all work together to achieve success. Keep up the good work!

I'm a parent. My children love the school. The Principal is very dedicated and she's doing a wonderful job. The teachers and the Parent Center work very hard.

I am a teacher at this school and wanted to respond to the two previous posts about a girl with special needs. We have several students with special needs at our school, male and female, who are mainstreamed into the general education classrooms--meaning, they are not just in a Special Day Class. In defense of our principal, she has really helped us become the honor school we are today thanks to her high expectations. Teachers and staff members support each other and genuinely hold students' best interests first.

This is a wonderful school. The only thing they have to change is the principal. She is grouchy and mean with the kids. The teachers and office ladies are very nice. I also like the parent center. I saw a post here about a girl being in the special needs classroom, but I dont think thats true because both my kids have gone here for the past 5 years and I have NEVER seen a girl in the special needs classroom. My brother works for the afterschool program LEARNS and he has told me that many of the kids dont like the principal. They say she always screams at the kids when they do something wrong and she has her favorite students that she helps out more. The teachers are all very nice. I also like the breakfast in the classroom program. Its all because of the students hard work and not because of the principal. people shouldnt give her credit for others work. I as a parent help my kids alot. Hopefully they change the principal because she isnt as nice as people think.

El Sereno Elementary has dedicated teachers and staff. Parents are very involved and volunteer to run a valet service as well as assist with Breakfast in the classroom. The students are well behaved and making great yearly progress in academics.

My special needs daughter, who is now 10 years old, has been attending this school since kindergarten. We could not ask for a better school. The staff if committed to helping kids reach their full potential. The teachers are hardworking, dedicated, caring and compassionate. The past 2 years have been even better since the old principal retired. The new principal puts academics front and center, providing such help as homework club, after school intervention, and tutoring. She even holds special awards ceremonies for children who have excelled academically, orders special shirts for children who have mastered math facts, and orders special testing pencils. She even has a prize box full of rewards for children who show respectful behavior that she purchases with her own money! She has also fought to make safety a priority by personally holding assemblies to teach children how to be safe on the yard and how to prevent bullying. My daughter has grown so much in the past 6 years and I know it is because of all the support she receives here at this school!

My daughter goes to school there with Mrs. DeLeilo. She is a very resourceful teacher. This school is full of wonderful committed teachers, too bad some teachers don't care. The school environment is safe ande respectful. Administrator is new and I hope it will turn school around and in the process take SPS program as one of them and not an outsider.

Excellent school to work at as teachers are cooperative wih each other and hard working! Parents need to teach their children more about academic responsibilities and respect!

El Sereno is a very good school, teachers, staff and administrators are superb and very supportive. Both my children attended this school on a permit (it was the only school in the immediate-surrounding area that was not on PI). Opportunities for parent involvement is also magnificent. I am very pleased with the education my children received at this school from great teachers!

Last modified El Sereno Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.