Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,358

Posted December 11, 2014
I love El Sereno MS. It's important to me that my daughter is exposed to different cultures and languages, so the fact that this is an IB world school makes it a good fit for us. The dual language program is small and personal. The majority of teachers and staff are VERY caring (not all of, course, that's why only 4 stars). The principal, Dr. Gipson, is always walking around the campus and is available. The campus is usually pretty clean and in the last few years has become really beautiful with lots of murals and a garden. Even though it's big, there is security staff and the gates are always locked during the day so I think it is safe.

Posted July 07, 2014
I went to this school and I can say it was pretty cool, most teachers were very friendly and nice, example; Mr. Stemnock, Ms. O'Sullivan, Ms. Yee, Tellez, etc. The campus is spacious and offers places to go to. Security does pretty well too. I attended here from 6th to 8th and I'm glad I went there. I got to meet some cool teachers and students as well. Hope anyone else who goes there has a great time!

Posted April 24, 2014
My School is Awesome!! El Sereno Middle School has been turned upside down & inside out!! Our new principal has turned things around here, We are an International Baccalaureate School! The students have IB profiles & units that help them think outside the box, college ready, career ready, life ready. We have a garden, kids enjoy planting, weeding, mulching, learning in an environment that enrichs their learning skills.. Thanks to Enrich LA, Tomas O' Grady & Dr. Gipson our principal for bringing this oppurtunity to our school, our community, our students. Come check out the scholar way murial. 6th graders have an option to enroll into the USC NAI program. My other daughter is a 1st grader, so I am hoping the program is still here when she enrolls in 4 years here at ESMS. Come & See what El Sereno Middle School has to offer. It is different, it feels different. This public school offers so much that other private schools charge lots of money for. Forget all you have heard from the past, this is now, and these kids are our future & here they can grow to be difference makers in this world, our community & in their families!!

Posted April 17, 2014
Wow! I attended ESMS too.. Never in my wildest dreams I thought I would have kids and have them attend ESMS also. I have three kids and two of them graduated from here too. Now wishing for my youngest to do so too.. ESMS is a good school and it has has all the tools that student need to achieve their education.. I tell my kids the same words my mo Mold told my brothers and sisters when we attended school here! This school might have a bad reputation but it's not what the school makes for the student? It's what the student takes from the school! I could proudly say my kids have gotten the principals award and the 4.0 GPA award!! I am proud to say "I am a proud parent of ESMS.

Posted August 26, 2013
I am now a junior attending Azusa Pacific University, but I still make it a priority to come back and visit the teachers and staff whenever I have the chance. Everyone who works here is dedicated, passionate, and they strive to ensure student success. I was involved in both the Environmental Science Academy Program, which included some of the most academically influential instructors I have had the pleasure of working under, and the AVID program, which ensured that I was actively involved in paving a path toward success at the university level. I consider each and every staff member of El Sereno Middle School to be a family member and I have no idea as to where I would be academically if it were not for the staff and instructors who constantly poured their hearts and souls into molding me into the high achiever that I have become over the past ten years.

Posted August 19, 2013
School just started, and I couldn't be a happier parent. My 7th grader loves her classes and teachers. The school has a really positive vibe :) this school has made a special place for everyone. You can go to two magnets, an environmental science academy, dual language academy, or even start with USC now and get a scholarship for your kids future. ESMS is a special place!!!!!!!!

Posted August 15, 2013
Woo hoo, our school is an International Baccalaureate School with both Mandarin and Spanish dual language programs. My teachers are awesome and we have a real arts program that wins more trophies than any other middle school- our drumline rocks. I'm getting ready to change the world and my teachers are getting me ready :)

Posted June 04, 2013
My school is very good. There are less fights and more activities June 4, 2013

Posted June 27, 2012
i am a student i did not like teachers and i didnt care about school but wen i became intrested in music i became a trombone player in the 6th grade as a beginner i was nat good but my teacher mr.legaspi helped me and i was inspired and never gave up i am now in advansed band and currently in the drumline we have won 1st place for th 5th time in a row . i am hoping to be able to be in the all city band whitch marches the rose parade . i am going to march the 4 of the july parade this year i am learning low rider and many other music . look if you kids or parents want a good middle school for your kids i recommened el sereno its the one school i felt like home but the worry if you dont want your son to be in a band but they like mariachi or playing the drums the music deparment will be the place you will like and we also have some really good piono players if you wanna see the drumline practice or here the tipe of music we play please go to you tube and put el sereno drumline or pep band or even mariachi. we even have a jazz band for you people who like the nice good soft music there is even diffrent activities that we have in this schoole lik S.R.L.A . -written by a student :)

El Sereno Middle School 3

Posted September 03, 2011
This school has improved allot.It use to be one of the worst schools in LAUSD but has hugely improved.I just graduated this year 2010-2011.And well my experience here wasn't that great.I went to the deans allot and i got bullied.But hey i did meet some cool people.The only good counselor in this school was Ms.Seranno but she got a pink slip and so did the whole music department.There were some good teachers like Mr.Bautista,Ms.Corona,Ms.Pena,Mr.Huey,Mrs.Schooler,Ms.Wu......I sometimes felt sorry for them because i felt they deserved a better school than this dump....But i did have some nice memories here.....

El Sereno Middle School
2839 North Eastern Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90032
Last modified El Sereno Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Sereno Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top