Bad
Good

I culminated from this school in 2013 and I can whole heartedly say it is an amazing school--high academic expectancy, teachers who genuinely care for and prepare their students, a clean campus, a wonderful SRLA team, it's all there. The HGM exceeds expectations and its coordinator, Mr. Freeman, will go above and beyond for the well-being of all students. I deeply care for and love this school, and I am utterly certain that both parents and students alike will, as well.

Madre voluntaria gracias a la directora que me dio la oportunidad de ser parte de su hermoso equipo para el pr ximo a o mi hijo estar hay atte. Mama Feliz

I love El Sereno MS. It's important to me that my daughter is exposed to different cultures and languages, so the fact that this is an IB world school makes it a good fit for us. The dual language program is small and personal. The majority of teachers and staff are VERY caring (not all of, course, that's why only 4 stars). The principal, Dr. Gipson, is always walking around the campus and is available. The campus is usually pretty clean and in the last few years has become really beautiful with lots of murals and a garden. Even though it's big, there is security staff and the gates are always locked during the day so I think it is safe.

I went to this school and I can say it was pretty cool, most teachers were very friendly and nice, example; Mr. Stemnock, Ms. O'Sullivan, Ms. Yee, Tellez, etc. The campus is spacious and offers places to go to. Security does pretty well too. I attended here from 6th to 8th and I'm glad I went there. I got to meet some cool teachers and students as well. Hope anyone else who goes there has a great time!

My School is Awesome!! El Sereno Middle School has been turned upside down & inside out!! Our new principal has turned things around here, We are an International Baccalaureate School! The students have IB profiles & units that help them think outside the box, college ready, career ready, life ready. We have a garden, kids enjoy planting, weeding, mulching, learning in an environment that enrichs their learning skills.. Thanks to Enrich LA, Tomas O' Grady & Dr. Gipson our principal for bringing this oppurtunity to our school, our community, our students. Come check out the scholar way murial. 6th graders have an option to enroll into the USC NAI program. My other daughter is a 1st grader, so I am hoping the program is still here when she enrolls in 4 years here at ESMS. Come & See what El Sereno Middle School has to offer. It is different, it feels different. This public school offers so much that other private schools charge lots of money for. Forget all you have heard from the past, this is now, and these kids are our future & here they can grow to be difference makers in this world, our community & in their families!!

Wow! I attended ESMS too.. Never in my wildest dreams I thought I would have kids and have them attend ESMS also. I have three kids and two of them graduated from here too. Now wishing for my youngest to do so too.. ESMS is a good school and it has has all the tools that student need to achieve their education.. I tell my kids the same words my mo Mold told my brothers and sisters when we attended school here! This school might have a bad reputation but it's not what the school makes for the student? It's what the student takes from the school! I could proudly say my kids have gotten the principals award and the 4.0 GPA award!! I am proud to say "I am a proud parent of ESMS.

I am now a junior attending Azusa Pacific University, but I still make it a priority to come back and visit the teachers and staff whenever I have the chance. Everyone who works here is dedicated, passionate, and they strive to ensure student success. I was involved in both the Environmental Science Academy Program, which included some of the most academically influential instructors I have had the pleasure of working under, and the AVID program, which ensured that I was actively involved in paving a path toward success at the university level. I consider each and every staff member of El Sereno Middle School to be a family member and I have no idea as to where I would be academically if it were not for the staff and instructors who constantly poured their hearts and souls into molding me into the high achiever that I have become over the past ten years.

School just started, and I couldn't be a happier parent. My 7th grader loves her classes and teachers. The school has a really positive vibe :) this school has made a special place for everyone. You can go to two magnets, an environmental science academy, dual language academy, or even start with USC now and get a scholarship for your kids future. ESMS is a special place!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo, our school is an International Baccalaureate School with both Mandarin and Spanish dual language programs. My teachers are awesome and we have a real arts program that wins more trophies than any other middle school- our drumline rocks. I'm getting ready to change the world and my teachers are getting me ready :)

My school is very good. There are less fights and more activities June 4, 2013

Last modified El Sereno Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.