Bad
Good

Besides the BEST Elementary Principal ever, so happy that my 2nd child is attending the dual language program in a public school with an International Baccalaureate curriculum. The teachers, staff, are amazing! There is so much culture enrichment that is learned here. My daughter will be going into 4th grade next yr. Thanks Farmdale Hawks for doing a wonderful job in the lives of our children!!

My daughter is also in the DHH program and we are looking forward to another year of great improvement in her communication. Her teacher has shown great patience and has given my daughter confidence in her communication. The staff is very friendly and the bond that the children develop is beautiful to watch. I highly recommend it for any child who needs special attention.

Farmdale Elementary has been my daughters' school for two years. The teachers are great, hard working, and dedicated to their kids. One of My daughters is hard of hearing and their program has helped my daughter get what she needs to succeed in the general setting. The school has an excellent DHH Program, I've seen families that move closer to the school because they find what other schools cannot offer them, support and help. In addition, to the DHH program, the school offers a dual speaking language program, English and Spanish. Kids learn two languages at the same time. Going back to the DHH program, if you have kids with special needs, come and visit Farmdale El. It is the best.

Hi - I am a teacher at Farmdale and I am excited about all we have going for our students and community. Last year we became an international Baccalaureate school. We are one of the first public schools in the LA area to become IB. It is exciting and now our full feeder pattern - ES Middle & Wilson HS are IB as well. At Farmdale the staff is awesome and care. We have great Parents as well. It is an innovative & exciting place to work!

So far this school and the AMAZING teachers have far, far exceeded my expectations. I am really excited about the dual language program and can't wait to meet her new teachers. I feel so lucky that this is our school.

They have a Dual Language Program how great is that!

The staff at Farmdale is dedicated, enthusiastic, and highly competent. This however does not always equate to high student academic achievement. The sad truth is that Farmdale is located in a lower social economic neighborhood where the majority of parents do not value education. With this in mind, it is unfair and ignorant to always blame the staff at Farmdale for poor student performance. It does not take a genius to figure out that students perform at a higher level when parents get involved in the process of educating their children. Parents you need to get involved!

Farmdale teachers, staff are outstanding. However there needs to be more parent participation and motivation.

This is my first year with Farmdale and so far so good. The teachers and staff are friendly, experienced and passionate about teaching but what stands above average for me is not only the tools that the student peacemakers utilize but it's also the amount of parent participation and community support that Farmdale receives. It feels like belonging to a family rather than an educational institution. With so many 'eyes' I feel real safe leaving my child there to learn.

I think the teachers try hard to provide their best but sometimes the system gets in the way and can't always focus on children's individual needs to ensure academic success.

Last modified Farmdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.