Posted July 19, 2013
My daughter is also in the DHH program and we are looking forward to another year of great improvement in her communication. Her teacher has shown great patience and has given my daughter confidence in her communication. The staff is very friendly and the bond that the children develop is beautiful to watch. I highly recommend it for any child who needs special attention.

Posted April 30, 2013
Farmdale Elementary has been my daughters' school for two years. The teachers are great, hard working, and dedicated to their kids. One of My daughters is hard of hearing and their program has helped my daughter get what she needs to succeed in the general setting. The school has an excellent DHH Program, I've seen families that move closer to the school because they find what other schools cannot offer them, support and help. In addition, to the DHH program, the school offers a dual speaking language program, English and Spanish. Kids learn two languages at the same time. Going back to the DHH program, if you have kids with special needs, come and visit Farmdale El. It is the best.

Posted April 30, 2013
Hi - I am a teacher at Farmdale and I am excited about all we have going for our students and community. Last year we became an international Baccalaureate school. We are one of the first public schools in the LA area to become IB. It is exciting and now our full feeder pattern - ES Middle & Wilson HS are IB as well. At Farmdale the staff is awesome and care. We have great Parents as well. It is an innovative & exciting place to work!

Posted August 16, 2010
So far this school and the AMAZING teachers have far, far exceeded my expectations. I am really excited about the dual language program and can't wait to meet her new teachers. I feel so lucky that this is our school.

Farmdale Elementary School 0

Posted January 25, 2009
They have a Dual Language Program how great is that!

Farmdale Elementary School 0

Posted June 06, 2008
The staff at Farmdale is dedicated, enthusiastic, and highly competent. This however does not always equate to high student academic achievement. The sad truth is that Farmdale is located in a lower social economic neighborhood where the majority of parents do not value education. With this in mind, it is unfair and ignorant to always blame the staff at Farmdale for poor student performance. It does not take a genius to figure out that students perform at a higher level when parents get involved in the process of educating their children. Parents you need to get involved!

Posted February 21, 2008
Farmdale teachers, staff are outstanding. However there needs to be more parent participation and motivation.

Posted November 29, 2007
This is my first year with Farmdale and so far so good. The teachers and staff are friendly, experienced and passionate about teaching but what stands above average for me is not only the tools that the student peacemakers utilize but it's also the amount of parent participation and community support that Farmdale receives. It feels like belonging to a family rather than an educational institution. With so many 'eyes' I feel real safe leaving my child there to learn.

Farmdale Elementary School 3

Posted November 19, 2007
I think the teachers try hard to provide their best but sometimes the system gets in the way and can't always focus on children's individual needs to ensure academic success.

Posted November 11, 2007
Great School! Awesome dual language Spanish program..teachers are dedicated and experienced!

Farmdale Elementary School
2660 Ruth Swiggett Drive, Los Angeles, CA  90032
Last modified Farmdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farmdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top