Los Angeles, CA

Posted May 16, 2013
54th st school street school is a great choice when looking where to place your child. My child is a special needs child. They have an excellent special education teacher that knows how to teach these special needs children. Mrs. Neal Thomas is an excellent teacher. The principal and staff are excellent. The principal Mr. Fortie works very hard to ensure the safety of your children and the education of your children is important to her. It is important as a parent to feel as your child is in great hands and 54th street assures me this.

Posted August 07, 2011
My daughter recently finished Pre-K and is on to Kindergarden. I found the parents coordinator, Ms. Alexander, to be frank, helpful, and very caring about the kids success. Although the principals seem to change every 2-3 years, Ms. Alexander's and the other staff's investment in the students and parents make it seem as if the school is always under the same chief administrator. I am excited for my daughter to continue at 54th in a safe, caring, and nurturing environment.

Fifty-Fourth Street Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2010
Hard working Principal, caring teachers

Fifty-Fourth Street Elementary School 0

Posted September 29, 2010
I love the teachers and the parent representative.

Posted August 18, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009
My daughter is in Kinder, this year at 54th and I just love it. The school has a strong push towards creating a college going culture and has shown veery high expectations for their students, even the Kinder students. The school is safe and well staffed and maintained! The Prinicipal Dr. Davis has demonstrated strong leadership and continues to build a strong foundation. The main reason that I have given a 4 and not a 5 is because I feel the school could do a better job with enhancements in the Arts department. The school hasnt had many social activities in whick kids in my opinion need in order to couple with the academic side. I am definately sending my child for 1st grade. Lastly the Teacher Mrs. Moore believes in a STRONG foundation, she pushes the kids to heights that even they probably didnt believe they could go.

Posted October 24, 2008
Wonderful school. Wonderful leadership from Dr. Davis. He has some amazing programs in place such as Spanish, a great computer lab, a lego league, etc...My son was in private school and I was terrified to put him in public school within LAUSD. However, 54th street has assured me that not ALL schools are bad. This school is better than the private school my son was attending. Highly recommend this school!

Posted September 18, 2008

Fifty-Fourth Street Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2007

Posted January 13, 2007
This is a very strong school that just proved itself by pulling out of school improvement status. Kudos for all of the hard work the staff of 54th Street has done to bring that school to another level.

Fifty-Fourth Street Elementary School
5501 South Eileen Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90043
Last modified Fifty-Fourth Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fifty-Fourth Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top