Bad
Good

If you value your child's education, self esteem, social development, etc. DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD AT THIS "SCHOOL". They lack so much it is a wonder they are still allowed to operate. Do your child a favor and keep searching.

My son has attended this school since kinder and we love it there. The staff especially the Principal Ms Ridgeway, are kind, patient and experienced. My son experienced some personal problems (nothing to do with the school) and the school embraced him and I and stood by us during these trying times. They did not kick him out. Today in 2013 my child has made a complete 360. Part of his transformation was because he attended a school that cares. Thank you Ms Ridgeway and 42nd Street School.

I dont even waste my time on putting a score on the principa she is realy bad she is always with a bad attitue she does not make parents feel walkcome in the school there is no supervision and no communication with staft in the morning to make shure that nobody goes in i been in side the school when the kids are playing and there is no supervision and when u go in they dont even ask can we help you are who are you looking for , safety is realy bad

42nd is a wonderful school. My son loves his teacher and she seems to care about the children. The principal is great. And the school offers exposure to many things including library and computer instruction. I just wish my elementary experience would have been as positive as this school.

This is the best school that I have ever had my child in. Hands down! Great teachers, small class sizes, teacher/principal involvement. I just love this school!

I enrolled my kids to this school during their second grade year. I was disappointed at their lack of care and safety for my kids. Their education level also dreadful to say at best. My kids came from another school reading at a 3rd grade level and spelling too while in kindergarten and first grade. after 5month at this school, my kids show lack of interst in books and writitng. They were more concern and scared for their safty and self -confidance that was being taken by them day by day from not only students but the teachers as well. that was enough for me to pull them out. I would never recommend this school to anyone in my family or friends.

Although my child is not officially a student, I am definetly enrolling her first thing next week. The Pre-K teacher was great! She took the time to walk me thorough, step-by-step, their daily activities. Also, the principal was awesome and very helpful. I look forward to my daughter's experience at 42nd Street School.

I am very disappointed with Forty-Second Street Elementary. The principals especially vice principal are very poor leaders. I have a son that was in Special Ed. There were one or two teachers who were very good. Unfortunately, for my child they were substitute teachers.

I have a child that goes here. He been attending forty-second since kindergarten. His kindergarten teacher was mrs fielding she was the best teacher he ever had so far. My son did'nt know his alphabets or his name or numbers she help him daily and also sent videos home on the weekends to bring him up on grade level. I want to say thanks to mrs fielding. Know my son is doing wonderful in the second grade and the other teacher he had on the way helped out to but no one has toped mrs fielding so far.

Last modified Forty-Second Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.