Bad
Good

Posted May 24, 2014
Teacher need more motivation to give to the student and parent need to let new parents to participate.

Posted November 07, 2012
Garvanza Elementary School is an outstanding school! Every child deserves to go to a school like Garvanza.

Posted April 05, 2010
teacher need motivation our kids know when they are being ignore .......

Posted July 27, 2009
I must say this is a great elementary school. My daughter attended this school from K-5. The teachers are very nice. The school program is excellent, a lot of activities. The teachers are patient and help the students really well. I 100% recomment this school.

Posted September 04, 2008
Hands down, the best elementary school! Both of my kids, who no longer attend because we moved to a different district, attended this school from K-5 and K-3, and absolutely loved it! The teachers are excellent and very caring. The principal and staff are friendly and helpful. The after school program was great, with many activities after school and sometimes on the weekends. There is also help for math in the library. We miss this school, its staff, students and parents. We are glad it's doing very well. Parents: Send your kids to this school, you won't regret it.

Posted March 09, 2008
A good school. The teachers do a good job from what I've seen. My son has done very well here. Parents get as much out of a school as they are willing to demand. Another thing I like is that it's all Mexican kids here. Almost without exception. I don't worry about my about my child being harassed by racist white kids like I saw growing up in Sacramento. I love Garvanza school.

Posted September 26, 2007
This is my daughter's first and only year at Garvanza Elementary, which is unfortunate, we just moved into the area. She is in the 5th grade. She adapted quickly at Garvanza. Her instructor is on top of her agendas and is very dedicated to having the students in her class reach the level which the students must met at the end of the year. This is a crucial year because these students are headed to a higher and more demanding level in middle school. The administration staff and after school program staff(LA's Best) has been very responsive and helpful to me and my daughter. I wish my daughter was able to be at this school earlier. Compared to the last school she was in, this one rates higher in my opinion.

Posted April 24, 2006
Excellent California Distinguished School! The students and staff are wonderful.

Posted November 14, 2005
Great school! Excellect administrators and staff.

Posted July 16, 2005
The staff at this school treat parents as though we are kids. They don't try to understand the children individually, even though they do go through the motions, and end up passing the buck to someone else like to a councelor at Hathaways. Is there a better school close to this one?

317 North Avenue 62, Los Angeles, CA  90042-2808
Last modified Garvanza Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garvanza Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top