Posted December 19, 2013
This school has amazing potential! In spite of socio economic factors that hinder parent participation the school has an API of over 790! We need however a PTA at the school and Gates school would be the ideal elementary school in Los Angeles.

Posted October 04, 2013
My child and I love this school. This school is improving steadily. We have an amazing (new) Principal who works incredibly hard to raise morale and works with his resources. Parent participation should be better, but I believe as the school improves, more of the neighborhood parents will be more involve. Also, Mr. Avila is a great teacher- my child enjoyed being in his class. He is great and caring! Submitted by a parent

Posted September 18, 2013
My daughter and son go to gates and i must say there one of the best schools in Los Angeles area . What i love is the teachers they truly care about our kids and their education .

Posted September 09, 2013
My two children attend Gates Street Dual Language Academy. Although Multnomah Elementary is their home school, we opted to enroll them at this wonderful school. I love the fact that it's a diverse academic environment. I would reccomend this program to any parent, who understands the importance of a free but rigorous bilingual program! ALL their teachers have been amazing!***** importance of being bilingual to consider this amazing, rigorous but more importantly free of charge

Posted February 08, 2013
I Will like to see the past years yearbooks...I and my family got are education there and it would be nice to see yearbooks...

Posted May 10, 2012
This school is great ,my son has been going to gates st school since kinder he is now in 3rd grade. The teachers/staff are very good with the students they put there all into teaching are students. i don"t believe this score or the bad reviews about gates. My son has done well in all of his classes.

Gates Street Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2011
She totally wrong , they are good taking cared of the kids. I'm totally disagree with this comment ;/.

Posted September 01, 2010
This is a great school !!!!! Academics are very good and the teachers are great.

Posted August 26, 2009

Gates Street Elementary School 0

Posted August 23, 2009
I'm surprised to read these reviews. This is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers and administrators. It is a welcoming learning environment. Academics are a priority and all staff members are dedicated to 'getting our students ready for college!'

Gates Street Elementary School
3333 Manitou Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90031
Last modified Gates Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gates Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top