Los Angeles, CA

Glassell Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
I love Glassell Park ! We have the most caring and patient staff. Our principal is on the school yard at recess helping kids even with jump rope! I love that personal interaction!!! Thank you Ms. Sugahara and GP teachers!!!!

Glassell Park Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2012
What ever happened to Mr. Tagawa and Mr. Orlowski? These guys were real heroes that boys could look up to!! Mr. Tagawa was a really hard worker and actually visited every sixth grader's home! Mr. Orlowski was a true gentleman and taught kids academics as well as modeling lessons in character by his exemplary conduct!! I hope they come back to Glassell Park some day!!!!!!!

Glassell Park Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2012
Please note that the negative comment below was written by the school's coordinator, not by a parent:)

Posted September 14, 2012
Although this school has had three different principals in the last four years, the teachers have stayed dedicated and caring. My daughter attended Glassell Park and had great teachers. I know that the school community really works together to create a positive learning environment.

Posted August 07, 2012
Fabulous staff and school community! New principal, Dean Tagawa, is an outstanding leader in the neighborhood! We are moving toward greater success!

Posted December 30, 2007
I'm very happy with my son's experience in his pre-kinder. He is not just learning social skills, but valuable academic ones as well to prepare him for Kindergarten. Teachers are very kind.

Glassell Park Elementary School

Posted October 26, 2007
I don't really care for the 'off track' sessions. Not including the 2 weeks of Winter vacation, my son ends up being off of school for an additional 6 weeks. This makes it difficult when the school only offers 1 intersession during the entire school year (either during the Summer or Winter). I was not informed of this until last week, & am now in a huge rush to find placement for him. In addition to that, I find that several people working in the office have misinformed me on numerous occassions & have also failed to deliver messages to my son's teacher when he's been sick. Currently, my son is in Pre-k & his teacher (Mrs. Linder) is GREAT! I like her curriculum very much & I can say my son has learned alot.

Glassell Park Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2006
I don't really like the idea of the tracks, because they only go to school 6 weeks and get out for 6 weeks. it seems like if the school is that overcrowded the surronding school with out track should allow some students to transfer.

Glassell Park Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2005
The administration has actively pursued and attained funding for a variety of enrichment programs in the past four years. This school would benefit from more parent involvement but no one has really stepped up to make that happen yet. Scores on standardized testing have risen overall around twelve points in the last three years largely due to the Open Court Reading program, a strictly enforced math curriculum and a committed, talented staff. Music and art education are currently very minimal due to the emphasis on getting standardized scores up - students in fourth and fifth grades recieve the bulk of the extracurricular monies as the focus in lower grades is more on building skills and English language proficiency. The seeds are all there for a great school but economic and language barriers limit the experiences and opportunities for the students and their community.

Posted August 17, 2004
The quality of education my children receive is much better then what we received in a catholic school. The quality and care the teachers place in these students is a direct response of who they are as people. The school is in great shape and well cared for. Mrs. Carter the principle at Glassell Park is a true leader of education. With the help of my wife and I our children excel in their education. I thank all the teachers at Glassell Park for their devotion to the future of the children they care for and teach.

Glassell Park Elementary School
2211 West Avenue 30, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified Glassell Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glassell Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top