Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

In my opinion, Glenfeliz gets a 10! I'm not happy at all with how Great Schools is rating schools by test scores only. It's ignoring other aspects of the whole school experience. My child is a 1st grader this year, and I can't say enough great things about this school. Teachers are caring, committed, and easy to talk to, and staff at the front office are very welcoming and helpful. The after school programs all seem to be safe and caring as well (my girl attends Glenfeliz Kids, but it also has 2 other programs). Parental involvement is very active (PTA and Friends of Glenfeliz) and my partner and I feel welcomed. Above all, my girl loves the school and thriving there. She'll be in SAS program, which we're also very excited about. I think this school is a hidden gem in the neighborhood that often gets a bad rap for some odd reasons. I don't understand that at all.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Its new C-Patrol (Citizenship Patrol) program is very neat, where older students take turns to "patrol" the school yard, making sure that everyone is playing nicely with each other and there is no bullying going on. I think that instills sense of honesty, fairness and integrity.

I love the teachers, principal and entire staff. Especially the 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Sadamitsu. Her patience and wisdom for the kids is amazing. My daughter and I love her teacher. The principal walks around with a smile on her face and knows the students by their name. Principal stands outside by the curbside valet to greet students in the mornings. I also love the diversity of the school.

My daughters last years and last year to have to deal with that principal. If this would have not been her last year I would have changed schools. I've had three issues with the school this past year and the principal handled things poorly. She doesn't punish school bullies. Yells at the kids like if they were adults and cares even less for the 6th grade graduation functions.

I am commenting on another person's quote regarding the new demands from the Common Core Standards on First and Second Grade writing. First, I have to agree that it is a lot that is expected of six year olds. Second, I agree again that not all 6-year olds are developmentally ready for higher-level work. However, if the state has raised the bar, on academic achievement; then, we as parents need to be on the ball with our child's education. How do we do that? For starters, sit with your child when he or she does his/her homework. You'll be surprised to either see how much they know and understand, or where they struggle and need help. Then, speak to your child's teacher at Parent Conferences and ask all the questions you have, and ask for suggestions on how to help your child. They are more than happy to show you strategies to help your child because they too want to see your child succeed in school. Next, get the resources you need to help your child at home. In summary, if we want our children to be successful in their academic life, then we need to act positively in our child's favor.

Glenfeliz elem is a great school. The teachers are amazing, very welcoming to any parent that wants to become more involved. The school also has a very strong PTA that year round is working to provide a better quality of education for its students, also they bring alot of fun activities to our school. Free after school program LA BEST is wonderful with very responsible and caring coaches. I have been involved with this school for 8 years between my 3 children and have absolutely no complaints.

It's our first year at Glenfeliz Elementary...we love the school,. We love his teacher.... We love Atwater! The only thing thing missing from this school is parent and community involvement. Unfortunately a lot of Atwater families choose Charter, private, or other neighborhood schools. It does feel like the school is changing for the better and so far were happy. Although I'm not that thrilled with the principal and I do feel like she can do more.

We are very happy with our first year at Glenfeliz Blvd. Elementary. The benefits of our neighborhood school: smaller class sizes, the walk to school, teachers who are caring and responsive, an after-school homework club enrichment program, neighborhood involvement, etc. This fall a new garden (result of efforts all around by the principal, the booster club, grants and fundraising, the work of Enrich L.A., and support from PTA and parents) is being built which will bring new learning opportunities for the students. We are so excited to be a part of this school.

My children attend Glenfeliz Elementary School and we have been very happy there. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved at the school - Friends of Glenfeliz, the PTA, etc., plus lots of great events like Family Reading Night and movie nights that bring our community together. I know some people have issues with our principal, but if you live in the area, I strongly recommend giving your local school a try. (Also, per some of the complaints, there are definitely low-cost after-school programs, even the enrichment program offers scholarships!)

Excellent school, my daughter has learned so much!. Please take the time to speak with the teachers and other parents if you are considering Glenfeliz. My daughter is now in 1st grade and we have had a wonderful experience. The principal is a bit animated but seems to actually care this year since our API score has dropped below 800. Se seems to be tryig in the right directuon. There are afterschool programs for ALL students! not just the ones that can afford it. All of the programs are LOW to NO cost. We love the afterschool Homework club and Enrichment classes. There is parent involvement more than other schools and the seem to really ccare.

Last modified Glenfeliz Boulevard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.