Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted December 15, 2015
I love the teachers, principal and entire staff. Especially the 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Sadamitsu. Her patience and wisdom for the kids is amazing. My daughter and I love her teacher. The principal walks around with a smile on her face and knows the students by their name. Principal stands outside by the curbside valet to greet students in the mornings. I also love the diversity of the school.

Glenfeliz Boulevard Elementary School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 18, 2015
Glenfeliz Elementary School Thank you to Ms.Cox teacher of my Grandson Alexander Deras,for her understanding,her patience and for her care to all her class. Thank you to Ms. Karen Sulaheam Principal, for the love,and patience showed to the children.

Glenfeliz Boulevard Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2015
My daughters last years and last year to have to deal with that principal. If this would have not been her last year I would have changed schools. I've had three issues with the school this past year and the principal handled things poorly. She doesn't punish school bullies. Yells at the kids like if they were adults and cares even less for the 6th grade graduation functions.

Glenfeliz Boulevard Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2014
I am commenting on another person's quote regarding the new demands from the Common Core Standards on First and Second Grade writing. First, I have to agree that it is a lot that is expected of six year olds. Second, I agree again that not all 6-year olds are developmentally ready for higher-level work. However, if the state has raised the bar, on academic achievement; then, we as parents need to be on the ball with our child's education. How do we do that? For starters, sit with your child when he or she does his/her homework. You'll be surprised to either see how much they know and understand, or where they struggle and need help. Then, speak to your child's teacher at Parent Conferences and ask all the questions you have, and ask for suggestions on how to help your child. They are more than happy to show you strategies to help your child because they too want to see your child succeed in school. Next, get the resources you need to help your child at home. In summary, if we want our children to be successful in their academic life, then we need to act positively in our child's favor.

Posted October 25, 2014
Glenfeliz elem is a great school. The teachers are amazing, very welcoming to any parent that wants to become more involved. The school also has a very strong PTA that year round is working to provide a better quality of education for its students, also they bring alot of fun activities to our school. Free after school program LA BEST is wonderful with very responsible and caring coaches. I have been involved with this school for 8 years between my 3 children and have absolutely no complaints.

Posted October 16, 2014
It's our first year at Glenfeliz Elementary...we love the school,. We love his teacher.... We love Atwater! The only thing thing missing from this school is parent and community involvement. Unfortunately a lot of Atwater families choose Charter, private, or other neighborhood schools. It does feel like the school is changing for the better and so far were happy. Although I'm not that thrilled with the principal and I do feel like she can do more.

Posted October 02, 2014
We are very happy with our first year at Glenfeliz Blvd. Elementary. The benefits of our neighborhood school: smaller class sizes, the walk to school, teachers who are caring and responsive, an after-school homework club enrichment program, neighborhood involvement, etc. This fall a new garden (result of efforts all around by the principal, the booster club, grants and fundraising, the work of Enrich L.A., and support from PTA and parents) is being built which will bring new learning opportunities for the students. We are so excited to be a part of this school.

Glenfeliz Boulevard Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2011
My children attend Glenfeliz Elementary School and we have been very happy there. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved at the school - Friends of Glenfeliz, the PTA, etc., plus lots of great events like Family Reading Night and movie nights that bring our community together. I know some people have issues with our principal, but if you live in the area, I strongly recommend giving your local school a try. (Also, per some of the complaints, there are definitely low-cost after-school programs, even the enrichment program offers scholarships!)

Posted December 01, 2010
Excellent school, my daughter has learned so much!. Please take the time to speak with the teachers and other parents if you are considering Glenfeliz. My daughter is now in 1st grade and we have had a wonderful experience. The principal is a bit animated but seems to actually care this year since our API score has dropped below 800. Se seems to be tryig in the right directuon. There are afterschool programs for ALL students! not just the ones that can afford it. All of the programs are LOW to NO cost. We love the afterschool Homework club and Enrichment classes. There is parent involvement more than other schools and the seem to really ccare.

Glenfeliz Boulevard Elementary School 1

Posted November 02, 2010
for prior postings..i thought teacher names were not allowed??????? after school programs, only if families can afford them...small class sizes...only because others have left the scene...poor school safety: absolutely; any support or "extra" amenities for students who need anything out of the ordinary: non existent.....

Glenfeliz Boulevard Elementary School
3955 Glenfeliz Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90039-1441
Last modified Glenfeliz Boulevard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.