Bad
Good

The principal is a joke. But some really great teacher. No working website. Some of the staff are very rude. The school could use some new leadership.

the best school ever i love it i went to that school. i also love the principle ms.miller. :)

i'm a student in gompers and i think the school is good because the teachers teach you really good and they bring you up 2 grade levels because once i was basic but now i'm advanced but the thing is that there's bad kids and they mess with other student for example they steel from them also they punk on them and i know this because they stole from me and punked on me for 2 years 6th and 7th grade

I'm a student at gompers and to me its a ok school because the teachers are very committing to the students at school.(Ms.Lung,Mr.Baptis,Mr.Withrow,Ms.Nasouf,etc)

I can't honestly rate Gompers now, but I can say what it used to be. I attended Gompers in 1973. Some of my teacher's teachers were still there! These teachers got to Gompers in the late 50's. Our curriculum was excellent, considering this was a LAUSD school. Crips and Bloods had issues down the street, but never at school. And yes, we got swats in the Principal's Office. I am a retired Fire Marshal, and I can honestly say, many of my promotional tests that had to do with Math or Science, I learned from Gompers, (and Locke). I was in the Band with then Mr. Pearson, Mr, Dustin, and Harris. These three produced the Gerald Albright's, Patrice Rushen's and many more musicians whose music you might enjoy today. I pray they are able to pull Gompers out of the typical spiral that affects the inner-city schools. At the end of the day, it's the student who has to want to make something of themselves. The parents, as well as the teachers are responsible for giving them the tools they need, encouragement, motivation and praise.

I am a student at gompers middle school and i think that it is a very amazing student for junior kids.

As a parent who was very involved in my children's education, i really want to be fair to the teachers and staff who really care about heir students' academic achievement. That being said, certain other teachers should be fired for their irresponsibility and incompetence. Also, the school doesn't do nearly enough to ensure their students' safety and dscipline those students when they need it. The bad students get away with a lot, while the good students are not encouraged nearly enough to do well in their studies. Frequently, the administration turns a blind eye to the bad students, thus allowing them to get away with whatever. I know that prayer changes things, but the bad apples are the ones making the good teachers indifferent and the good students apathetic.

I think gompers has great teachers but unfortunately the enviroment does not help I used to attend several years ago they had to much racial tention they had as we student's used to call riots with in the school. It made it uncomfortable to want to go every day and lots of my classmates felt like that but unfortunately we all had to attend here because we belonged to this district.

I think the school could and should improve 100% in it's teaching curriculum which in turn would improve student behavior resulting in a safer and more productive learning enviornment.

Gompers is improving. They are offering a lot of classes and different activities for parents and community

Last modified Samuel Gompers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.