Los Angeles, CA

Posted May 24, 2013
I'm a teacher Graham Elementary and have been teaching there for well over a decade. I can honestly say that Graham teachers care about their students. Teachers at Graham have had several principals in the last ten years and despite that fact students test scores continue to rise. Graham has offered Saturday school and extra tutoring for students to get that extra help needed for the last 7 years. Like stated previously from another teacher there are teachers who get to Graham as early as 6:30 a.m. to prep their classroom. There are also teachers such as myself who stay there late in order to get work done. I've noticed that parents who complain about our teachers are also those of our problem children in the classroom. I've also noticed that our outstanding students are those whose parents make them accountable for following rules, being respectful, and turning in homework. I can only agree that our office staff in the past was at times tough to deal with but now that has completely turned around and we hope to have our current Graham office staff for a long time. We recently hired a new principal who has a positive outlook in helping Graham reach its full potential. Go Bulldogs!

Posted April 04, 2012
I'm someone that attended this school, back in 1994. I thought that the teachers were excellent and the schools education was amazing. I can say that I learned so much there and I honestly have so many fond memories now. I don't know how much the school has changed, but the rating of this school makes me a tad bit sad. I guess that's how much time changes a place. I'll forever keep my fond memories of Graham Elementary school. Also, if there are any teachers still working there from around that year; please get in contact with me. I'm still such a kid, missing a few of my favorite teachers.

Graham Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2012
i have 2 kids going there kinder and second grade the teacher of my second grader was harrassing my kid he use to pick on my child for no reason i made multiple complaints and was ignored by the principal he told me that i was over reacting. i tried switching classes and the principal mr valles told me "NO" until my kids teacher ate my kids lunch apple and told my child its was cause he was my kids teacher. then i complained once again to mr valles and he looked like oh no not another law suit then he changed her with no questions...

Posted April 27, 2011
Graham Elementary is not bad as some people try to make it out to be. We continue to make academic gains year after year. Yes, we have our problems, but remember, nothing is perfect. On a daily basis, the majority of the teachers work very hard to help their students achieve success. Some teachers arrive to work very early, others stay very late, and others work during their break time and/or lunchtime. Many of us continue our work at home as well. However, sometimes our hands are tied because we have to follow certain timelines and procedures, which inhibits us from taking the adequate time need to really teach a concept, as well as being able to step back and reteaching a concept so that every student understands it. With the programs that we have, students will either sink or swim. Last year we made great gains in our CST scores and we are prepared to make gains again this year! So let's go Bulldogs!!!!!

Posted April 27, 2011
I can honestly say the school isnt the greatest but its also not the worse. I have 2 children that have attended Graham since Pre K & are now in 4th & 6th grade and are both enrolled in the gifted/high achievement program...sorry but teachers cant do all the work, parents also need to get involved. Thank goodness my kids have had great teachers every year but there is one thing i agree with, the office staff can be alittle more professional & not be so rude! As for Mr Valles....two thtumbs up

Posted November 21, 2010
The last review (by a teacher) is only partially accurate. I would not say that the kids only watch movies and play. There is weekly grade level collaboration and pacing plans for Math, ELD, and Open Court. I think the majority of teachers do not show movies. Also, there is a Saturday school program in place to prepare the kids for testing by using Measuring Up. Physical Education is MANDATED part of the curriculum. Yes, there is some favortism--as there is is most work places--and yes, at times the office is problematic. However, the other complaints are not accurate in my opinion.

Graham Elementary School 1

Posted September 22, 2010
Coming from actual experience from this school, it is very bad here! The new principal favors some employees and the office staff are terrible! Security desk is a joke and so is the supervision people! This school needs to be shut down they do not treat employees right here! & children are not learning anything but watching movies and having p.e. (fun time). Office staff takes lunch all together when they feel like it and just come and go when they please. Principal and their staff blame t.a's and supervision aides for faults that could have been prevented with more staffing and organization!

Posted January 28, 2010

Graham Elementary School 2

Posted October 19, 2009

Graham Elementary School 0

Posted August 31, 2009
Im very disagree with this one,took my thre kids out,horrible staff,'new principal'doing nothing. A lot of kids went to another near school for looking for betrer education.

Graham Elementary School
8407 South Fir Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90001
Last modified Graham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Graham Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top