Los Angeles, CA

Grape Street Elementary School 1

Posted March 26, 2015
All three of my kids have been to this school. My second child will be transitioning from 5th to 6th grade this year. Unfortunately my third son will remain in this school for a few more years. In the last year the school has changed so much for the worst! Ever since the principal Mrs. Turner, left this school is going down the drain! My son who is 8, is constantly being bullied, not only by students but also by his teacher. I went to school this morning trying to address the issues and no one was able to help me. Neither the principal nor the vice principal were available. They had me fill out a complaint form and said the principal would probably contact me sometime tomorrow! Really?! I am researching to see where else I can take my complaint to. It's so sad that things like this are happening at elementary schools.. My son no longer wants to go to school. This school has really failed my son!

Grape Street Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2011
My son was in private school from age 3 and finished in PK. I enrolled him at Grape for K. He knew what the Kinder were learning so Kinder was a breeze for him, problem now is that he is in 1st grade and is behind and I wasnt informed until late in the year. He has learned NOTHING new since he has been there. Sad thing is that his teacher wants to retain him, but she's the one that failed him. She never took the time to help us, help him.

Grape Street Elementary School 0

Posted October 30, 2007
My daughter started Grape Street this school year and I must say I am pleasantly surprised at how well te school is ran and the level of academics being taught to my 2nd grader. Her teacher is truely involved with the students and goes above and beyond the call of duty at providing them with the best tools available to be successful.

Posted September 27, 2005

Posted September 07, 2005

Grape Street Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2004
This school lacks true leadership! The principal of this school doesn't allow the valuable input of parents to be delivered as well as teachers.

Posted August 18, 2003
I think this school tries very hard to have the parent involve in the child's education.

Grape Street Elementary School
1940 East 111th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90059
Last modified Grape Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grape Street Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top