Los Angeles, CA

Posted November 15, 2012
My child is in the 1st grade has a wonderful, helpful and patient teacher. She has been very attentive to his needs. I'm please with the communication we have regrading his behavior and academics.Unfortunately I can't say the same for VP or staff members, trying to get ahold of them is nearly impossible . I know that there's alot of students and they are very busy but my child's education is at risk and dont want him to get behind or give up in school. F.Y.I Office staff is very friendly

Posted October 09, 2005
- a former student

Posted June 20, 2005
The office employees are not attentive and do not greet you at the office. I patiently waited for someone to acknowledge me and I stood there for about 5 minutes until I spoke out. Most teachers are friendly and helpful with questions you and your student may have. There are a few teachers you want to avoid because they have an attitude problem or just rude. You will notice this much more if you have an extra active child. The after school program is called LA's Best and they have many activities for the children, just sign up free. This program gives them 1 hour for homework and the rest is all play and activities. Safety is one of my major concerns and I think this school tries but not hard enough. There have been times my child comes home and tells me that they had a lock out because someone had stolen something and another time that they had the children squat down because there was a gun man on the loose outside the school. I'm thankful nothing has happened to my children, but I would like the school to inform the parents if something like this happened at school. The school never mentioned any of these instances to us.

Posted June 25, 2004
Both my children attend this California Distinguished School! As a parent I am very pleased to have my children attend this school! The staff has high expectations for each child that attends the school! The quality of education is exceptional! The communtiy is very involved in the school, from the neighboring businesses to the parents that live within the community.

Posted June 25, 2004
I love this school! As a parent, I wouldn't have my kids go anywhere else! It is like one big family at Griffin. Staff even has their children attend this great school!

Posted May 09, 2004
Griffin is a good school even though it doesnt have its highest standards. I consider this school a wonderful place to learn. Teachers are very nice and they are intellegent. School size doesn't matter, but i know that kids give enough effort to make this school count as a very well school to learn at.

Griffin Avenue Elementary School
2025 Griffin Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90031
Last modified Griffin Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Griffin Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top