Alexander Hamilton Senior High School 3

Posted September 27, 2014
I'm a special needs student attending Hamilton. I can say that this is an average school. It has some positives and negatives. The positives are the music academy. This magnet program is probably the best thing I got enrolled in. I love it. I like the excellent music options. Like Piano, Guitar, Jazz Band, they give you a lot of choices. If you're in the music academy, you get the best teachers. Everyone should know that if your son/daughter is serious about music, they should join the music academy, its superior. The special ed program they offer is fair. There is a reading comprehension class that helps students improve their comprehension. It's good because it's a smaller class environment. The negatives are the athletic programs offered at the school. These programs are poorly organized, underfunded and uncollaborative. The coaches are so frustrating with personal parent/teacher discussion If your child wants to be in the athletic program, parents should careful and keep tabs on their child. Overall, this is a fair school.

Posted April 28, 2014
My special need 16 year old son is in the Music Academy-magnet. Unfortunately, Hami does not serve their special need student as they claim. My pro-active parent advocacy is 24/7 with staff & unresponsive principle. Poor collaboration, lack of efficacy, over crowded class rooms, and pre-determined mind set from teachers make my son's learning experience a real challenge. Regardless of this poor review, this parent still donates, because no child should be denied an education.

Posted April 25, 2014
My son is near the end of his first year in the Humanities Magnet. I must admit I had concerns over the size of the student body but very quickly those concerns vanished. My son loves the school, most of his teachers and more importantly the other kids he goes to school with. He speaks all the time about their thoughtful conversations and generally good vibes. He's challenged and that's a great thing. Up to this point, not so much. What parent doesn't like to see their child be challenged and yet see their child step up?

Posted April 17, 2014
Alexander Hamilton High School is a great school and my son learned so much there. The Principal is caring, professional and devoted to the best interests of the students, as are the overwhelming majority of the Teachers. I look forward to my other children attending Hamilton

Alexander Hamilton Senior High School 4

Posted October 09, 2012
Hami has a great combination of the closeness of small schools set into the resources of a larger school. The Humanties Magnet has about 400 students and the Music Academey Magnet has about 750 students. The remaining 1,600 students get attention through several Small Learning Communities. This allowed my son, who graduated in 2012, to take 12 AP classes while he was at Hami, and to start in the University of California system with sophmore standing due to all of the AP credits! Clearly the teachers must know what they're doing because they taught the material successfully. The teachers & administration are trully special at Hami- some were students there and now teach there; several chose Hami as the high school they wanted their own children to attend.

Alexander Hamilton Senior High School 4

Posted September 29, 2012
I attended "Back to School Night" last week, and got to meet all of my son's teachers. Overall, my impression was that they are concerned about the students and their performance. They seemed passionate about what they teach. My son is in the Academy of Music, and is making new friends faster than when he was in middle school. He got a great 1st report card, and he is enthusiastic about all of his classes. I am hopeful that this trend will continue to progress.

Posted August 22, 2012
Great school, my daughter is a senior. We have no complains, teachers are great and the Music Academy is one of the best in the nation.

Posted June 09, 2012
I do not recommend this school at all !!! Worst School and principal, too many students

Posted June 08, 2012
the worst school in the area , Principal is a night mare,, so are most of the teachers, parent teacher communication is a no no...

Posted March 16, 2012
I Currently have my child in the school. We have gone from charter to private, and then to Magnet thinking it would had been the best choice when high school years came around. It was the worst mistake ever, you email the teachers only one or two will respond. You email the counselor, if your lucky she will return the email. The children are treated like they are just want of many. Children get told if they will get kicked out because all they are doing is lowering their API. Some of the teachers are tired of dealing with the children. Others are truly passionate with what they do but there are very few...

Alexander Hamilton Senior High School
2955 Robertson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90034
Last modified Alexander Hamilton Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alexander Hamilton Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. Top