Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted February 03, 2016
This school was suggested as a possible HS option for my child. Sadly after one phone discussion with school staff I realized I would never, ever let one of my children attend this school. I was calling to inquire about a tour or really any sort of information really. I was under the impression that the whole point of eChoices and all that was so that parents could make informed decisions for their children. Silly me. I was brusquely informed that only students who were accepted were given tours and that if I wanted information I should just look at their website. I honestly have never heard of a school that would refuse to meet with prospective families. No school is that good. Private schools do not behave that way. Charters certainly don't. A Public Magnet school should be a little more open with the public than that. Given the dismissive behavior they have with a prospective family, I cannot imagine how poorly they treat their students. Still glad I called. My family has definitely dodged a bullet. PS the reason I am posting my experience is because when I asked to whom I was speaking the (incredibly rude) woman refused to answer stating, "you are just going to file a complaint about me." Wouldn't want to disappoint her.

Alexander Hamilton Senior High School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 14, 2015
There are some amazing teachers in the Humanities Magnet, whose impact will stay with the students long after graduation. In particular Alan Kaplan, Barry Smolin, and Dr. Coad - some of the best teachers in Los Angeles.

Posted December 14, 2015
The Humanities Magnet is an incredible program within the school. The students follow a very rigorous academic program, but still have access to all the sports, clubs, APs, and extra-curricular activities that a large, urban high school has to offer. The teachers are exceptional, if your child loves to learn and be challenged academically, this is one of the best high schools in Los Angeles.

Posted November 02, 2015
Amazing !!!! I saw an a earlier comment which spoke of the use of drugs. I was very concerned about this at first however, i spoke to several parents who have teens that go there and the school has improved a lot. There might be some drugs but the students there are very respsonsible and there is a lot more drug use at other schools compared to Hamilton. I have nothing but good things to say. Teachers are very passionate and the programs there are great. Good job Hami!

Posted July 24, 2015
Great, Professional education. It is very important to choice the right school. This one definitely exceeded our expectation.

Posted January 27, 2015
Terrible schoolll!!! The education at my elementary school was so much better than this. The teachers don't care at all. I haven't learned anything new at all. The teachers don't care if you're on your phone or not paying attention. Very messy and unorganized. VERY RUDE AND MISELEAING FACUILTY. A lot of drug use at that school. Don't send your child here unless you want him to use his phone all day at school. Terrible terrible school

Alexander Hamilton Senior High School 3

Posted September 27, 2014
I'm a special needs student attending Hamilton. I can say that this is an average school. It has some positives and negatives. The positives are the music academy. This magnet program is probably the best thing I got enrolled in. I love it. I like the excellent music options. Like Piano, Guitar, Jazz Band, they give you a lot of choices. If you're in the music academy, you get the best teachers. Everyone should know that if your son/daughter is serious about music, they should join the music academy, its superior. The special ed program they offer is fair. There is a reading comprehension class that helps students improve their comprehension. It's good because it's a smaller class environment. The negatives are the athletic programs offered at the school. These programs are poorly organized, underfunded and uncollaborative. The coaches are so frustrating with personal parent/teacher discussion If your child wants to be in the athletic program, parents should careful and keep tabs on their child. Overall, this is a fair school.

Posted April 28, 2014
My special need 16 year old son is in the Music Academy-magnet. Unfortunately, Hami does not serve their special need student as they claim. My pro-active parent advocacy is 24/7 with staff & unresponsive principle. Poor collaboration, lack of efficacy, over crowded class rooms, and pre-determined mind set from teachers make my son's learning experience a real challenge. Regardless of this poor review, this parent still donates, because no child should be denied an education.

Posted April 25, 2014
My son is near the end of his first year in the Humanities Magnet. I must admit I had concerns over the size of the student body but very quickly those concerns vanished. My son loves the school, most of his teachers and more importantly the other kids he goes to school with. He speaks all the time about their thoughtful conversations and generally good vibes. He's challenged and that's a great thing. Up to this point, not so much. What parent doesn't like to see their child be challenged and yet see their child step up?

Posted April 17, 2014
Alexander Hamilton High School is a great school and my son learned so much there. The Principal is caring, professional and devoted to the best interests of the students, as are the overwhelming majority of the Teachers. I look forward to my other children attending Hamilton

Alexander Hamilton Senior High School
2955 Robertson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90034-3116
Last modified Alexander Hamilton Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.