Posted July 31, 2014
Hancock Park is a great school! All top rated LAUSD schools ask for money each year because the district doesn't fund much. The person below that said something about the parents that contribute to the "booster club" doesn't realize that parents are contributing to the SCHOOL and that all kids benefit. There is no "club" that secretly spends money. Everything is transparent and all money donated to the parent organization is used that year to pay for the programs, supplies, security, education and more, that ALL of the students get. If every parent got involved rather than complained, we could do great things. Every parent is important and part of what makes this such a great school. Everyone is busy and has reasons they can't volunteer and get involved, but I challenge you to find a tiny bit of time to get involved. Next time, rather than assume and place blame, get involved and make a positive difference. There might be a lot you don't know which would explain why things happen the way that they do. Bring your ideas and opinions to meetings and get involved. Hancock Park School has great teachers, a great principal, great staff, great students and great parents. Great school!

Posted June 09, 2014
We love this school. I am so sorry that a parent who had hard time in HPS.. school has to keep some rules for kids. There are over 100 kids same time in during recess. A parent actually wasnt happy about how their kid got broken arms or legs... they are who made no running during the recess. HPS knows how to keep kids get busy..None of public school in L.A. cant provide then HPS. Teachers are there for you. Gave us a good guide line for my son. I am respect the teachers and staff they know more then I know about my son.

Posted April 28, 2014
We have had great experience in both Kindergarten and grade I. I am impressed by the capabilities and involvement of the teachers. The school focuses on academic achievements. However, extracurriculars like arts, dance, theater, computer, etc are also given attention. There is a good emphasis on sports; and kids love coach K and his team. The food served in the cafeteria is healthy. My son loves his school.

Posted February 27, 2014
I really like the school and the principal and am sorry the last reviewer felt otherwise. My son I were both accorded a great deal of respect and attention, and he learned so much at Hancock Park. I enjoyed the feeling of parent involvement and contribution at every level. My son got into the Wonderland Magnet this year, which is a Blue Ribbon (10 out of 10 as well) but I honestly don't think Hancock Park has less to offer -- in some respects since it is our neighborhood school it has more, and we still attend the homework club and after school programs there with ARC, Coach Oscar and Coach K. There is a real feeling of community and we actually rather miss that. The diversity is amazing and the teachers are wonderful. My younger son will be going to Hancock Park soon and we look forward to it.

Hancock Park Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2014
The principal has been a nightmare for us. Totally inflexible and unwilling to do what is best for the kids. Her only concern is keeping the test scores up. She will see to the needs of families who contribute to the booster club first. The school is very by-the-book, regimented, without much in the way of adapting to a child's strengths. There are a few really good teachers ... but many are just adequate. The extremely high percentage of Korean families tend to be very insular. Our non-Korean kids had a hard time making friends or arranging play dates with them. Kids are not allowed to run on playground during recess! Seriously? After-school program is pathetic.

Posted October 31, 2013
Our school is made of a diverse group of students. The school embraces these differences and uses them as tools to teach our children. The teachers are hard working, enthusiastic and bright. They provide our children with an enriched education while at he same time nurturing their emotional development. Through our Booster Club our children also are exposed to the arts. They study music, art, and drama. It is a wonderful school.

Posted October 11, 2013
Hancock Park Elementary School is a great school! Why? because we have a great coalition of parents, teachers and school staff that are comitted to the kids that attend this school. The parents are amazing and involved in all aspects of the school, so that our kids get a great education. We have a very diverse population which adds to our community and provides all of us the chance to learn about one another in a positive envionment. The teachers at this school are very bright and involved with the kids and provided a great environment to learn. We also have a great athletic coach that the kids love!!!!! This is a great school and I highly recomend it 1

Posted October 02, 2013
We are relatively new to the school but so far, I am very impressed. Our K teacher is incredibly organized, professional and on top of things. The principal also strikes me as a very hard worker who gets the job done efficiently and expediently. And the booster club is very involved which is great! For an LAUSD, I have been impressed so far!

Posted September 27, 2013
Hancock Park Elementary is a jewel in the midst of a busy city neighborhood. This school has met or exceeded my expectations in so many ways. Foremost is the great diversity of the student population - which reflects the neighborhood. The school also has a great principal, dedicated and talented teachers, fantastic support staff, and parents who strive to provide that little something extra for the students missing at many schools (PE, art, music, etc.). Truly a great example of what works well in a public school!

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is amazing! I work for arc After School and Enrichment Program. I have worked with many LAUSD schools and this one not only encourages students to be a part of the school community but also has a wonderful Booster/PTA Club!

Hancock Park Elementary School
408 South Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90036
Last modified Hancock Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hancock Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 130 reviews. Top