Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,043

Posted March 01, 2015
I am sad to see how great this school seemed only a few years ago. This school is in a terrible downward spiral where the students control the school. There is no administrative support or communication. Discipline does not exist here. I feel bad for the students who actually want to learn and improve themselves.

Posted January 03, 2014
I attended this school back in 98', recently took my niece to enroll , and I have to say it's probably one of the worst schools in California! I am force to choose a star; but it deserve none! Check BOOK CHOICE PARENTS DON't do a mistake and enroll your child for failure!

Posted December 06, 2013
Worst school my kid ever been full of bully's n no help whit that... Always trying to talk to the principal to fix this problems n she's always in a meeting or busy... I'm really desapointed...

Bret Harte Preparatory Middle School 5

Posted June 29, 2012
Way back in the 1930s, a girl by the name of Edna May Durbin attended Bret Harte. She later became a movie star and the highest paid female in the United States. Her stage name was Deanna Durbin. I have a class photo of Deanna and her schoolmates standing on the main front steps of Bret Harte!!

Posted January 25, 2011
I attend Bret harte and i just wanted to say that bret hatre is a wonderful school filled with wonderful students

Posted January 17, 2010
I'm currently an 8th grade student at Bret Harte Middle School and I will miss it very much when I graduate but I know because of Bret Harte I will ne fully trained to take on High School with ease. I love the teachers and staff here. The programs after school have been a great help. I've been able to get a scholarship to one of LA's best black dance Academy Lula Washington. Bret Harte has helped me achieve so much in the 3 years I have attended this school. Bret Harte is a great school that inspired me to be anything and be someone who improves the world. I am not put down for my differences and I love our principal Mr. Davidson he really cares about the students. Bret Harte is a great school to go to and I should know I go to this school.

Bret Harte Preparatory Middle School 2

Posted December 12, 2009
I origionally reviewed my child;s school on December 4, 2008, when my child first attended Bret Harte as a 6th grader. I jioned the CEAC parent committee and I had great expectations because of my experiences as a graduate of Bret Harte in 1976. This school has drasticlly declined. It is mainly due to its administrative staff inability to communicate with certain parents that may have a different view than they have. The manority students are failing because of unqualified teachers and supportive staff. The children self esteem is lowered because they are not getting positive praise and cultual recognition regularly. I was not aware of the politics occurring at this school when I made my inicial review, but this school needs help. The principal Mr. Davidson's leadership is poor. and he has ostracized many for trying to bring about positive change. Change is not welcomed there at Bret Harte.

Bret Harte Preparatory Middle School

Posted December 11, 2009
Hey i am currently attending bret harte ms as a 7th grader..this school is not bad.This school has lots of great teachers and have after school programs so they will kep them from gangs, fights, and violence. I'm actually in a program called Team Works. This is a really great program for ALL kids. They also have After School All Stars..it's all about dancing,music and expressing yourself,they even have tutoring.

Bret Harte Preparatory Middle School 5

Posted December 05, 2009
i attended this school for 6th 7th and 8th i graduated on June 19 or 20 of '09' i now attend c.a.t.c.h never go to c.a.t.c.h. any who i loved bret harte it was the best school i ever attend and i wish i could go back but i cant.the best part about being at that school was being with ms.zavala she helped me from when i fist got there.she helped me through the good times when i won awards to the sad times when i was going through parents issues and court issues.she shaped me into a better person.every teacher i ever had through out that school were the best.after school programs are awesome all stars and photo club .ooo i want to give a shout out to ms.zavala and the all stars.this school changed me into the person i am today.

Posted August 19, 2009
I am a current 7th grade student in Bret Harte middle school this school is not a bad school it's just a school that needs more help,parent help.I will not say that this school is just a school where kids want to fight or get involved in fighting this school just needs to have more interesting things to get the students attention away from fighting.

Bret Harte Preparatory Middle School
9301 South Hoover Street, Los Angeles, CA  90044
Last modified Bret Harte Preparatory Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bret Harte Preparatory Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top