Posted August 14, 2014
Hollywood High is amazing! I am in the School for Advanced Studies at Hollywood and my teachers are all great, they care and treat you like a human. As well as having an amazing SAS program Hollywood also has an OUTSTANDING Performing Arts Magnet. I was blown away the first time I saw students from PAM performing because they truly are amazing and their instructors and choreographers are genius's. I've said all these amazing things about my school, but I haven't even said anything about the counselors yet! Everyone is great, but by far the most amazing person is Mrs. Brown. Not only is she the SAS counselor, but also the College counselor, the 9/10th grade counselor and someone who will respond to you and doesn't just disregard your concerns. I've met plenty of counselors who you have to hunt down to get a concern in and then still worry if it's actually going to be taken care of, but I can promise you that won't be the case at Hollywood. We have Extraordinary SAS, Outstanding PAM, Amazing administration and to too it all off; there is so much school spirit, enthusiasm and every student I have seen at Hollywood is an individual. Can you find a better high school?

Posted April 21, 2014
I am now a 10th grader here and i am loving it. I had to transfer from my last school (terrible). Anyways, this school has by far the best PAM program which are for the preforming arts which i attend. This program attaches to the best dances, music, acting, and singing courses. For dance ask for Mrs.Goldschein for acting Mrs.Bridges for singing Mr.Sexton for Music Mrs. Hall all teachers are loving and caring. Myself I'm an Opera Singer in training and by most this school is diverse and loving much to look forward to.

Posted September 10, 2013
Hollywood High School Performing Arts Magnet is one of the best magnets in the city, with its amazing staff of talented teachers and directors, and its rigorous academic classes. Our school can proudly claim many Ph.d's from Stanford and other highly regarded universities, and teachers with professional experience in top ranked industries. The school is cozy and intimate with a small student to teacher ratio which insures a great deal of individual attention and care for the individual. This is a school with a long and astounding legacy - Judy Garland and Carol Burnett walked its halls, along with great luminaries in law and politics, such as Warren Christopher. Today we are still preparing future great leaders of the world, for many of our students go on to prestigious universities such as Berkeley, New York University and U.C.L.A. Hollywood is a school where one can truly receive a great education.

Posted August 22, 2013
I admire very much the Magnet Program and especially the arts part. Those teachers involved in Performing Arts are excellent, they put heart and soul in it. I have a big admiration for their hard work which reflects in the shows the students perform. Good job.

Hollywood Senior High School 3

Posted August 06, 2013
This school is small and boring and full of lies from staff and doesnt give you the oppurtunity you want.

Hollywood Senior High School 2

Posted June 19, 2013
Many teachers here are good. Some are outstanding. Performances are second to none and are better than most, if not all private schools of this genre. Administration performance is less than stellar. More Performing Arts students would be much better served by having a new counselor. There is no in-campus parking available for parents. Beware of parking on some streets outside of the school or you'll get a ticket. This school would have gotten 4 stars if some in the the administration was more "energetic" about their jobs. . . . . .

Hollywood Senior High School 1

Posted April 08, 2013
That school is horrible. Itransfered to that school last year and on my first day i had to go get a tardy pass. My counsler gave me wrong classes and didnt even know what the classes i had are. he was asking what 1 class was cuz he never heard of it and thout Physical science was PE. The school is dirty too.

Posted June 22, 2012
i love this school.. way better than Bernstein. as a student there i feel i have more freedom to express who i really am without worrying what others will say (: the teachers are awesome and the people are all nice and cool. the atmosphere is great too. Best school I've been to :D

Posted February 15, 2012
Hollywood HS is one of the best high schools in LAUSD. My two daughters both graduated in the past two years and are successfully enrolled in 4-year universities. Thank you to all of the teachers!

Posted December 24, 2011
Hello. I am 9th grade student from Estonia, East Europe. I have some questions about the school. Well I am proffecional athlete, who wants to go to study in this school from 10th grade, its from next year then, but I dont understand, what I have to do to get in that school. So maybe u can give me some advise about the school, how can I get in there???

Hollywood Senior High School
1521 North Highland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90028
Last modified Hollywood Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollywood Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top