Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Hoover Street Elementary School 4

Posted December 08, 2015
I have been supported by many staff members and parents. Our school has been through many changes but we always stick together as a family.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 08, 2015
I want to thank Ms. Arsenian for all she does at Hoover: she coordinates the library, she writes grants to get more books for the library, she coordinates Accelerated Reader, she runs our book fair, she runs our fundraisers, she coordinates our reading logs, etc. She does all this and teaches Kindergarten! She is amazing. She is a Hoover Super Star!!!

Hoover Street Elementary School 5

Posted September 06, 2013
WOW! Hoover is an 812 API school. That is just amazing for our community. I am so proud my kids attend this school.

Hoover Street Elementary School 5

Posted November 09, 2012
i went to this school..for all my childhood years!.. and it was great i had a great experience, i really grow up with the best childhood ever. I am not graduating high school and i can certainly say that i thank this school since day one for helping me and find interest on my education!:)

Posted January 05, 2011
Hello, I believe that our students (Hoover Hawks) rock! Our students continue to show growth in all academic areas. For most of our student population, English is their Second Language. Go Hoover Hawks! "Believe it. Achieve it. Hoover Hawks."

Posted March 16, 2009
My son has been attending this school from kinder garden and now is in 5 th grade with ms.Frias.He loves this school and I think this school is the best one he has ever attended 'Rosa Giron'

Posted October 23, 2008
My son is now a 5th grader in this school. He started Kinder here and was tested as a gifted student since 1st grade. They do not have alot of advance mathematics or science classes here, but with good communication with his teachers we have been succesful in the overall assignemts for my son. He has had great teachers from Ms. Arzenian, Ms. Gelbart, Ms Castro to Ms. Frias now. Thank you all for the extra help on my son's education. They also have a great after school program! Luz Ventura ` Parent

Posted November 13, 2007
My experience has been very negative with this school. As a result, my kindergarden child refuses to attend the rest of the year. I am baffled at the lack of attention the assistant principles pay to the parents. Their concern is mainly to back up the teachers only because they've taught there for long periods of time and neglect any issues the children may have. I am so frustrated of addressing my issues my child was having with no results, that I have decided to change him to another school. This has been a trauma not only for my son but for me also.

Posted December 05, 2004
I think Miss Gelbart is the best teacher my child has had. She is caring, attentive and very, very dedicated. My daughter adores her!

Posted February 09, 2004
Although, this school is not as diverse as many other schools, it has proven to be worthy through the increase of standerdized test scores and classroom size. I highly recommend more supervision after school and more parent involvement.

2726 Francis Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90005-1252
Last modified Hoover Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top