Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 06, 2013
WOW! Hoover is an 812 API school. That is just amazing for our community. I am so proud my kids attend this school.

Posted November 09, 2012
i went to this school..for all my childhood years!.. and it was great i had a great experience, i really grow up with the best childhood ever. I am not graduating high school and i can certainly say that i thank this school since day one for helping me and find interest on my education!:)

Hoover Street Elementary School 3

Posted January 05, 2011
Hello, I believe that our students (Hoover Hawks) rock! Our students continue to show growth in all academic areas. For most of our student population, English is their Second Language. Go Hoover Hawks! "Believe it. Achieve it. Hoover Hawks."

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted March 16, 2009
My son has been attending this school from kinder garden and now is in 5 th grade with ms.Frias.He loves this school and I think this school is the best one he has ever attended 'Rosa Giron'

Posted November 13, 2008

Hoover Street Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2008
My son is now a 5th grader in this school. He started Kinder here and was tested as a gifted student since 1st grade. They do not have alot of advance mathematics or science classes here, but with good communication with his teachers we have been succesful in the overall assignemts for my son. He has had great teachers from Ms. Arzenian, Ms. Gelbart, Ms Castro to Ms. Frias now. Thank you all for the extra help on my son's education. They also have a great after school program! Luz Ventura ` Parent

Posted March 20, 2008

Posted November 13, 2007
My experience has been very negative with this school. As a result, my kindergarden child refuses to attend the rest of the year. I am baffled at the lack of attention the assistant principles pay to the parents. Their concern is mainly to back up the teachers only because they've taught there for long periods of time and neglect any issues the children may have. I am so frustrated of addressing my issues my child was having with no results, that I have decided to change him to another school. This has been a trauma not only for my son but for me also.

Posted December 05, 2004
I think Miss Gelbart is the best teacher my child has had. She is caring, attentive and very, very dedicated. My daughter adores her!

Hoover Street Elementary School
2726 Francis Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90005
Last modified Hoover Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top