Posted October 12, 2014
Im very upset That there turning the kids Halloween to what this new principle wants its not fair to tell the children they have to pick a carter outta a book what kinda a mess is this ..these children come to school every day let them enjoy that day and dress up like they want as long as its positive and fun behind it They have been doing there Halloween harvest for years some of are parents cant afford curtin items out of a book to dress up.this new principle think this school is in woodland hills i guess wrong idea leave the kids Halloween harvest alone and let it remain on how its been going for years and let a child be a child ..

Posted October 03, 2011
This school is a mess, they are disorganized and liars. Moving kids out of classes and putting them in more advanced classes without seeing what educational level they are on is wrong and unfair. I already want to unenroll my child out of this school and they've been there less than a month.

Posted December 18, 2009
I have been a volunteer for over 3 years, and to be honest this school is cleaning up and improving with this new administration. We need more parent involvement and community help to help these children succeed. Without cooperation from the community I do not know how people think these kids are going to exceed.

Yes Academy 3

Posted October 23, 2009

Posted October 13, 2009
I am a parent of five kids. I had live in this area for more than 10 years. unfortunately I only enroll my kids for pre-k and kindergarden but promptly as soon as they are promote to 1st grade I enroll them in a better school. I said that is unfortunately because having a school so close to you and having to look for another one because its education is so deplorably is ashamed. It is ashamed on the superintendent, on the representant of the school board, on the principal of the school but more ashamed is on the parents. We would make a big diffence in this school if we would only show up for meetings, or help the school, be volunteer in your child's classroom for at least 30 or 20 minutes at week. We are our children's voice but only can be hear if we are there.

Yes Academy 2

Posted February 19, 2009
There are many dedicated teachers and staff that are trying their best at this school to reach the students. The majority of the students are bright, hard-working, and sweet kids. Unfortunately, there are also many students who face extraordinary circumstances that require consistent and expert services that the school is struggling to provide. Furthermore, there needs to be more cooperation between parents, teachers, staff, and administration to address issues of discipline, school morale, academic expectations, and parent involvement. There is a lot of work to be done, but everyone needs to get involved for real change to occur. Otherwise, qualified and motivated teachers will continue to leave the school for better opportunities.

Posted November 03, 2006
- a staff
I have been a volunteer at Hyde Park El. School for four years. I am impressed with the principal, staff and caring, dedicated teachers. There are many challenges in all the schools today. I feel we should all be asking ourselves, 'How can I help make the schools safer and better for our community?' My hat is off to the hard working staff at Hype Park.

Posted October 19, 2006
I have been a teacher at Hyde park for about 10 years. The teachers are dedicated and want to see students succeed. Even though there are many challenges that the school face, the teachers, principal and staff work hard to provide a safe learning environment for all students.

Posted August 30, 2006
We are new to the area and my two children who attend Hyde Park have expressed to me everyday the disfunctions of the school. All the reviews I've read are true and accurate!

Posted July 30, 2006
This school needs a new principal. I have never seen a school like this. The staff and principal are rude to parents. The children are out of control and always fighting. Teachers are not teaching and don't care about our children. I am moving to Palmdale so my children can get an education.

Yes Academy
3140 Hyde Park Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90043
Last modified Yes Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yes Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top