Posted January 08, 2013
Amazing school! The perfect teachers and principle! The perfect learning environment for all children! This school has so much to offer, such as fun musicals and technology.

Posted August 07, 2012
I was a student and attended Ivanhoe in the mid-eighties, awesome teachers/school/faculties, great experience and memories, totally recommended..."Keep your feet on the ground and reach for the stars..."

Posted June 29, 2012
The best elementary school in LAUSD. Teachers are exceptional and the parents are involved. Now if we could just get the County and State to chip in more tax dollars instead of less!!!

Posted June 12, 2012
My daughter is about to finish her first year at Ivanhoe. Her teachers and principle have been outstanding. The community involvement has been out of this world. It makes me extremely happy that we purchased a home in this area of Los Angeles. It s hard to find areas of this city that feel like a community. This school is a big part of the reason this little hamlet does.

Posted May 28, 2012
As the current school year comes to a close with my child finishing 4th grade, I panic to think I only have one more year at this incredible school. What middle school can hold a candle to Ivanhoe? Test scores & stats are just the basics of what make a school good but what makes a school GREAT is all of what Ivanhoe is (and I did not say offers intentionally). The diversity (both ethnically & economically) alone is an incredible learning experience not usually appreciated by a child until much later in life (yet priceless in today's global environment). From the maintenance people all the way up to the principal you will find the most caring & giving individuals. My experience through the years has been that the teachers do not bolt when the bell rings but instead doors have been open & inviting to both students & parents. But what really is the "piece de resistance" are the parents. A friend once told me that the world is made up of two types of people, givers & takers. Ivanhoe definitely tips the scale with givers, from Writers' Workshops to Guitar Clubs and more all free for the kids by countless hours generously given by parents. IVANHOE-the diamond in a megalopolis!

Posted December 02, 2011
I graduated from Ivanhoe in February 1939. It was an excellent school in those days,. My 6th grade teacher was Mrs. Henzey who took me and three or four other boys down to the Department of Water and Power and observed how they managed things. i believe her husband was employed there. The favorite sport was soccer which was played on a lopsided field using twin willow trees for goals on the west side and a tree and corner of a bungalow on the east. The school was a two story brick building which apparently got through the 1932 Long Beach earthquake unscathed since it was in use then. I had many friends at the school. All of us matriculated to Thomas Starr King for Junior High school.

Posted November 07, 2011
I can not believe how wonderful this little school is. The principal, the teachers and the parents really make this school a gem and a flagship for other school to see what a great school can be like. -a mother-

Posted October 12, 2010
Ivanhoe has an incredible sense of community and parent involvement. Its like the old one ro school house but with all of the latest technology and teaching practices.

Ivanhoe Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2010
Since this is the only school my child has attended, I can't compare it against anything else, so 4 stars seems reasonable. We are now in 3rd grade and my child is thriving! I cannot, however, say that about our 2nd grade experience. We suffered through a very rough year with a teacher who was a very bad match for my child. Like every school, Ivanhoe is about the quality of the teacher you get. Some are stellar, others are not. And fortunately, we lucked out this year! There are loads of volunteer opportunities and parental involvement is welcomed and appreciated! This is a great community, and I feel my child is loved and appreciated by the staff and administration.

Ivanhoe Elementary School 0

Posted May 18, 2010
Ivanhoe is nested in the great community of Silver Lake. I've never seen such a group of caring parents, teachers, administrator and support staff care so much for the whole student body.

Ivanhoe Elementary School
2828 Herkimer Street, Los Angeles, CA  90039
Last modified Ivanhoe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ivanhoe Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top