Los Angeles, CA

David Starr Jordan Senior High School 1

Posted December 30, 2011
This school needs some improvement but not just by staff also by students,some of these student seem not to care about there school.

David Starr Jordan Senior High School 5

Posted August 31, 2009
This school has a army junior reserve officers training corps! go bulldog battalion

David Starr Jordan Senior High School 5

Posted August 31, 2009
I scored Jordan a 5 because of its JROTC program. This program helps students out alot. Its a great program and people should know that it is one of the best things that we have at jordan

David Starr Jordan Senior High School

Posted January 27, 2009
This is a good school. it just depends on the student if he/she gets involves and is proactive. The best programs are probably the Magnet program and the regular classes can be a little rowdy but anyone who wants to succeed and is driven can be great in this school. But there only a few people with those characteristics and the rest are more difficult to deal with. But im sure jordan will continue to grow in the coming years.

David Starr Jordan Senior High School 2

Posted December 15, 2008
I was a student at Jordan from 2004-2007. Jordan has very good programs if you are able to be involved in them. Meaning, if you have high enough grades and test scores. If you are just an average student, it is not so great. There are some wonderful teachers who try their best to teach the children. Two of the best teachers are there; Ms. Gibson and Mr. Bruna. They are both amazing in their teaching skills. What makes this school bad is because of the students: disrespectful, rude, and out of control. If someone doesn't look like them or enjoy the same things, they are automatically looked down upon and harrassed. I was one of the victims. There is a fight every single day. Most of the issues are race related. I'm sure you remember the 'riots' in 2005 or 2006, I was there and it was racially morivated.

Posted October 20, 2006
David Starr Jordan is a great High School. I would not be in the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame if it was not for what I learned at Jordan about never giving up and setting my goals high.

David Starr Jordan Senior High School 4

Posted October 08, 2005
Education has to be about what students and parents make it. With that said, everyone talks about how bad of an academic environment Jordan is, but I graduated from there at the top of my class and am now a Sophmore at UC Santa Barbara, and I do feel that Jordan High prepared me for higher education. Because my mom and I were very involved in my education we made sure that I had good teachers, AP classes, and all of the other things that would assure my success. If parents and students considered school to be less of a 'chore' then maybe we wouldn't have this problem. You can't expect teachers to be able to teach students with an apathetic state of mind. I cannot speak for all of the teachers there, but all of the ones I had really cared about my success in life.

David Starr Jordan Senior High School 1

Posted August 28, 2005
David starr jordan is not a very good academic institution. Many of the classes are out of control, so it makes the learning process very difficult if not impossible. The current principal lacks interpersonal skills and is unable to get support from the teachers. Parentsl involvement is almost none existant, they only get involved when there is a problem.

Posted January 16, 2005
The level of parent involvement is minimal. After an incident several were visible but once their interest soon wained. There are plenty of extra curricular activities.

Posted December 13, 2004
With parental involvement, a difference can be made at this school.

David Starr Jordan Senior High School
2265 East 103rd Street, Los Angeles, CA  90002
Last modified David Starr Jordan Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David Starr Jordan Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top