Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child has been there since Kindergarten and will be entering the 3rd grade there August 2016.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Again, it depends on the teacher, but there are some great teachers there that go above and beyond their call of duty as a teacher to effectively teach our children.

Amount of homework: Agree

I say just right because it depends on the teacher your child has. I love the way my child teacher assigns homework.

As a proud parent my goal: partner with my child's teacher & ensure a safe environment, a support system for my child, my child's teacher & school. Question I pose is simply; what do you do when the partnership is lagging? I feel I'm left in the dark as to what is going on at my child's school. I get a notice, however usually a few days prior or if I'm lucky then 1 week in advance. Even the little things like the Christmas shows or field trips I never get proper notification. This year the school requires uniforms to be worn Monday-Thursday, How did I find out about this? A week and a half after school started, we received a letter stating that uniforms are to be worn. Doesn't seem like my partner (lausd) is keeping me in the loop properly. My partner lausd wants my support, yet the amount of time needed in order to schedule appropriately is being neglected? Where is my support? Where is my partner in this partnership for better education, stronger support and an overall better experience for parents, teachers and our children.

I like my school very much. I have a teacher there named Dr. Holmes and she beleives in us inner- city kids to beleive and acheive to move that highest mountain or reach our Ph. D., as she did. She goes way outside the box and inspires us to do anything and everything I can. She brings hope into inner city kids. Unfortunately, she is retiring soon. May god bless an angel with a soul a wise, pure, and knowledgeable as hers! Certainly one of the best teachers I have had. We ALWAYS do very informative projects that I have learned SO much from, and she never ever gives up on us. La Salle itself would not be complete without her. -Keila

La Salle needs some divirsity. They need to instill some school spirit. The kids seem like they run the school. I'm transferring my student.

I have had 2 of my children graduate from Lasalle Elementary School, recently I enrolled a student, and was pleased to know that some of the teachers from 10 yrs. ago were still apart of the school. It just feels wright when there are teachers at he school educating our kids from years ago. LaSalle always believed in the best for the best. tradition is standing strong at LaSalle and with that comes consistency in learning. Keep doing what your doing giving our kids there roots for success.

La Salle is filled with caring, dedicated teachers who go above and beyond each day to meet the needs of their students. After many administrative changes, the school is settling in with a strong plan to move forward and raise the academic achievement of the students. With more parental involvement and a continued focus on the state standards, the students at La Salle will become shining stars.

Last modified La Salle Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.