Los Angeles, CA

Posted February 02, 2015
The school is not over packed so that gives the teachers an opportunity to be committed to their students!

Posted May 19, 2014
I was lucky enough to be able to attend the performing arts magnet school for 5th and 6th grade back in 1982 and 83. It was a lifesaver for me as my neighborhood school in the SF Valley was academically horrid and dangerous to-boot.

Loyola Village Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2014
wrong school!!! thought he was speaking about Paseo. disregard last post. Trying to get kids into a good school is hard.

Loyola Village Elementary School 2

Posted January 19, 2014
This school was destroyed when they started their busing program. I had to get my kid out.

Posted August 06, 2013
Loyola Village is a true gem! Where else can you go to school in Los Angeles with a class size of 18-24 students maximum! It's like getting a private education...for free! My oldest is going into fifth grade this year, and he is excited to return to school because his teachers have been engaging and creative with projects in the past. I can't say enough great things about this school - the principal, teachers and staff are all wonderful and are truly engaged.

Posted August 04, 2013
My son just graduated from the 5th grade at Loyola Village and is headed off to middle school. What a great experience he had at LoVE. The principal is as good as you could hope for at any school. Her enthusiasm for teaching permeates out to all the teachers and staff. The combination of strong academics, a focus on the arts, and the diversity and devotion of the LoVE community is hard to beat. I highly recommend Loyola Village to anyone wanting to give their child a solid foundation for success.

Posted October 03, 2012
I have two children at this school and I am more than pleased with their. progress. A great school not only offers academics but also a variety of other subjects to awaken children's curiosity. I believe Loyola Village does this and more. The teachers are excellent! They challenge students and find different ways to engage them in the lessons. I recommend this school to any parent that wants their child to grow academically and socially.

Posted June 26, 2012
I am 33 years old and I graduated from Loyola Village Fine and Performing Arts Center. This school was a launch pad for everything I am today. Chorus, dance, orchestra, and art are just a few of the classes I took while in elementary school. If I still lived in California, my children would definitely be attending this school. I have been trying to find a school like Loyola for my children for years and haven't been able to find anything that compares. Melinda Goodall is the current principal and she was my 5th grade teacher and chorus teacher in 1989. She is an amazing woman and she really cares for sstudents. Anyone considering this scool for their child will pleased with it and your child will remember the experience for a lifetime.

Loyola Village Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2012
The teachers here are subpar. They meet the minimum standards by teaching to the standardized tests. They don't put in overtime or even provide an ability to contact them (email) after school in order to address issues. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 13, 2012
I went to Loyola for 6 years k-5 and its the best elementary school ever

Loyola Village Elementary School
8821 Villanova Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90045
Last modified Loyola Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loyola Village Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 97 reviews. Top