Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am highly satisfied with the education my child is receiving at Loyola Village. This is our third year here and we love it. The teachers are very caring and the staff is caring and courteous. I love the nurturing nature of the school.

This school is AMAZING! It's truly a hidden gem. Over the past 3 years, my children have been able to experience classes in tap dance, drama, visual arts, African Drum and Dance, guitar and even live musical productions! The staff is extremely supportive and I've never had any issues getting in contact with my children' teachers! The new principal has fostered strong relationships with the community and parents! I'd highly recommend this school for any family looking for a new school! <3

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are, some are not, but the imbalance is significant!! You have just a few highly qualified teachers, a larger percentage of qualified teachers who are burnt out, and the rest are under qualified teachers!!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The principal primarily cares about looking good since she is new to the school, she does not practice these principles regularly, and she drops the ball on a lot of significant issues!

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT send your kids to this failing school!! It was a 7 out of 10, then a 6 and now a 4 out of 10!!! It's ridiculous and sad that they have let this formerly awesome school go down the drain! No need bussing your kids to the beach for a school that is a 4!!! Even the former Loyola Marymount relationships have not been fostered as they should, and the most competent teachers resigned!!

My child transferred over from a popular school. I had my doubt's but I knew for my children's education I had to take the leap of faith. Loyola Village Performing Arts is a hidden GEM! Small class sizes, caring teachers, a loving principal who truly cares. The office staff is always so helpful. I have been very impressed by the Kindergarten team and my childs 3rd grade teacher. My kindergartener knows how to read! Writes in a journal to express ideas! Is adding and subtracting! My 3rd grader has adjusted well to the change thanks to the teacher. The 3rd grade teacher is caring and understanding. I am amazed of how dedicated the teachers are! My children love going to Loyola! If you are looking for a dedicated school where your children will learn Loyola it is!! Take the leap of faith like I did!!

My two son's attended Loyola Village's Performing Arts School several years ago. It was a wonderful experience for them and overall the teachers were great. It is disappointing to see comment made about the school going down because of busing. LAUSD has had a "busing" program for years. I'm sure that did not ruin the school.

The school is not over packed so that gives the teachers an opportunity to be committed to their students!

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the performing arts magnet school for 5th and 6th grade back in 1982 and 83. It was a lifesaver for me as my neighborhood school in the SF Valley was academically horrid and dangerous to-boot.

wrong school!!! thought he was speaking about Paseo. disregard last post. Trying to get kids into a good school is hard.

Last modified Loyola Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.