Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

If you have a child(ren) who has an IEP, don't send them here. My son is autistic and he was so overlooked by the special education department, they were giving him practically ZERO support. They don't even train the teachers! Suffice to say my son absolutely hates this school and has nothing but bad memories of his time there. Thank goodness his new school is a charter and he gets 100% help from not only his teacher but the entire staff, even his fellown pupils! good riddance Magnolia.

I dont like this school i will get bullied all the time!!! The teacher wouldn'+ help me with me instead she would laugh at me with the students... until this day on i won't forget what that teacher did to me!!! Once again its a bad school.

Magnolia Avenue ES is a wonderful school with a caring faculty and staff. The school offers children a safe learning environment and several academic challenges. Teachers collaborate and invite parents to participate in the child's education. The principal is responsive and promotes a child-centered community. The school's Academic Performance Index is 770! One of the top scores in neighboring schools.

I hate this school I went here many years ago and remember 5th graders being gang members already. Teachers didn't care about the students. I will never forget Mr. Gonzales a teacher that would hit and bully us all the time and call us bad children in spanish ( mayor lawsuit now a days).

I am not happy with this school at all. The office staff are rude and act as if asking simple questions are a burden. Parent volunteers sit around talking about other parents. The teachers do half a job when it comes to teaching and they don't seem very interested in students who fall behind. I am happy to say my daughter will no longer be attending this school this year...

My daughter is in the first grade and i am not happy with the way they send homework. The pages are incomplete they have alot of mispelled words and no instructions at time. Dual programs is 50/50 English and Spanish yet when it came to homework 95% of the year only spanish homework was sent home. I am very disapointed with this school. They have no communication with parents that have to work. I would have loved to be active in her school but next day notices are not enough notice for working parents.

My children are in this school now they are miserable! Constant teacher change ups and disorganization here! The enrollment packet is full of grammatical errors, not typos! Poor use of the English language and these are the teachers!

Too many failing children that get passed to the next grade and graduate from this school who can't read. Too many children getting hurt and bullied while school personnel turns a blind eye. Yes the immigrant population is high and this is an impoverished area with uneducated parents that send their children to this school but maybe they should consider becoming a special ed school given the large sums of children with special needs instead of just herding them along.

The staff and teachers really care about their students. They try and give what the school can give to better the experience in a mid city school. The problem I have with this school is that it isn't very diverse, which made me hesitate enrolling my child. Schools in California are suffering so much because of the cuts and firing of good teachers. They really are trying to help these kids grow, in imagination, physical activity, and self awareness.

the teachers spend a lot of extra time working and thinking about our children and they make learning interesting and our children have fun.

Last modified Magnolia Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.