Bad
Good

For the school year 2012-13 I moved into the neighborhood in which Manhattan Place Elementary is the home school. I must say I was throughly disappointed in the curriculum, if you could call it that. It is apparent that the focus is getting the test scores up and not actually meeting the required curriculum. Maybe it's because they don't believe the kids in the surrounding area are able to learn, but given a little push i'm pretty sure these children would show them other wise. As a concerned parent who actually takes the time to push her children i'm asking for a change.

This school has made some good changes since the new principal Mr. Bayardo is here at Mahattan.

This was a great school for years. I was very excited when my kids first started there. However, I quickly noticed that the school principal of over 30 years, was very unattached and she didn't interact with the students. Also some of the teachers really should not be teaching. There was hope eventually when she retired the following year. In comes, the new principal, whom I just love! She's very hands on, she's bilingual, she's active....and most impressively she remembers every students name! The school is definitely headed upward. The problem is....it's not heading there fast enough. My son is very behind partly due to the fact that he's had 4 different teachers in one school year. His current teacher leaves them on the yard to play for extended times and gives them video game breaks. Seriously?! I'm just a little tired of waiting. I don't blame the school completely some of this should be credited to the state in these ridiculous budget cuts.

i graduated from this school and my son and daughter graduated from this school i loved my school and also my son loved this school we now live in Atlanta and i can tell you there are not any school that i would recommend a child go to out here but i would still offer Manhattan place as a choice in los angeles because they work with the parents and teachers seem to care about the children

I strongly disagree with some of the parents reviews. Most of this teachers don't have the ability to teach, my daughter is not learning much and the principal doesn't seem to care a lot about the students. My daughter won't be going back to this school.

I think this school is really good, the teachers are easy to talk and always seems to be in the loop. i have 2 children at this scholl and they looooove it. the afterschool program is free and is very interesting to the kids, there are computers in the classrooms, extra activities to keep the children going. I love this school and my children love this school

Manhattan Place has a lot to offer students and parents. Technology is used in the classroom to help students learn. Kids also get keyboarding, music and art for free. They is also free afterschool tutoring and Saturday intervention classes if needed. There are workshops for parents to help them with parenting, organization and academic support for their kids. In comparison to private or a charter school environment, I think this is a great deal!

Last modified Manhattan Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.