Los Angeles, CA

Horace Mann Junior High School 0

Posted August 19, 2009
I was a student of horace mann middke school. I was class of 2008...my best years was spent at that school. I wouldnt conceder the school as bad but the students sure have a way of expressing their feelings. The teachers are pretty cool and outgoing well the ones that i had. The only thing i really didnt like was that the principle treating everybody the same as little criminals. I was one of the good students but i got in trouble my first day cause i went to the wrong period.they're is a lot of discipline at that school. but you should try it out for yourself because everyone have a different experience and a different point of view.

Horace Mann Junior High School 1

Posted August 19, 2009

Horace Mann Junior High School 3

Posted March 25, 2009

Horace Mann Junior High School 4

Posted January 16, 2009
I attended and graduated from Horace Mann. I will admit that Horace Mann is not the greatest schools around but it is not bad. Some people believe that no one that comes out of this school can achieve any thing, and I would like to say that they are 100% wrong. If a person wants to be something they have to strive to do their best. If you attend Horace Mann, do not believe that the teachers or administrators are going to do everything for you. You as a student have to work to get to where you want to be in the future. Believe me i know people that go to UC Berkeley, UC Riverside, UCLA, MIT, UC Santa Barbara and many more universities and they all came from Horace Mann. I even go to UCLA so keep the hope.

Horace Mann Junior High School 5

Posted January 13, 2009

Posted November 11, 2008
I am currently attending this school and would not recommend any parent send their child here. The students have poor behavior and disrupt the class any chance they get. Dispite it's horrible students, most of the techers are really great (ex. Mr.Amelio).

Horace Mann Junior High School 3

Posted May 25, 2008
this school is excellent its the after school program that needs help i am currently a 6th grader at horace mann and the way the teachers are teaching is excellent i am a honor student and i love it.

Posted May 05, 2008
I am currently a student at horace mann in my thirdyear, class of 08. There are only a few teachers like Mr. Jenkins Mr. Amelio and Mrs. Millet that actually have a small sense of hope for the student there. Most (not all) the student see a school day at this particular school as a fun reckless 'whatever' day. The teacher have to teach student what is exactly goignt to be on a test and they pretty much set out all the answers for them, but because of the lack of respect for themselves and dicipline the kids really dont care. Horace Mann is a under achieving school at the moment who has AnY thing else in their mind but to learn. But then again there are those handful of students who attend the school that dont want to be the average judged and stereotyped kid. HMMS needs HELP

Posted August 27, 2007
- a former student
i am part of the graduating class of 2007. I do not recommend this school for any child. In most classes it was a constant struggle everyday for a teacher to gain control and respect of the kids. I was given alot of book work in 6th grade and we never did any hands on project. We never had the option of electives so i had to work as a service student for two years and i feel that we were not graded fairly most of the time. It all depended on how well you got along with the secretaries. I must admit that Horace Mann will always be the best three years of my life, but not because of the education but because of how much i had free time. I was stuck with bad teachers and im afraid that i will be behind in highschool.

Horace Mann Junior High School 4

Posted July 24, 2007
- a former student
As a former honor student of Horace Mann, I understand the varied views of the school's overall character. The atmosphere (to an outsider looking in) may seem intimidating, but as a student I found it rewarding. The challenges I faced at Mann prepared me for high school and the future. Yes, the teachers may be lazy at times and the students may be unruly, but where can you find a middle school (or any school for that matter) where that isn't the case? I appreciate the time and care I received at Mann and I appreciate the extra push I received from such teachers as Mr. Amelio and Ms. Vega.

Horace Mann Junior High School
7001 South Saint Andrews Place, Los Angeles, CA  90047
(323) 541-1900
Last modified Horace Mann Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horace Mann Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top