Mar Vista Elementary School 3

Posted September 17, 2014
It use to be good school. Now it still is ONLY if you are lucky to get good teacher, and there are not a lot of them. Principal is very intolerant, rigid and hard to work with. School in my opinion does not have a good future under her leadership.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 03, 2014
This is one of the best public elementary schools on the west side of LA. The teachers and principal are really great. The culture of the school is diverse, kind and proactive with many helpful and supportive family volunteers. Class sizes in upper grades could be reduced more which would make it perfect.

Posted January 07, 2014
Mar Vista Elementary. We love this school. My son is in 3rd grade and his teacher is so nice to him.

Posted October 20, 2013
I am in fifth grade at this school. It is a great school! It has a great chorus and lots of fun sports like the new Mar Vista soccer team. There is a great art program and lots of field trips for the students. And, the BIG BOO. The big boo is like a little carnival we have at are school. It has a haunted house, fun games, and food to eat! Evan though I have only gone to this school for 4 and a half years ( this is my fifth) I have had a great time at this school and I am sure you or anyone else will too!

Posted August 12, 2013
Mar Vista Elementary is a fabulous school TK - 5th grade school. Teachers are engaged and want to be there. The Principal, Mrs. Choe, forges strong relationships with parents and students, inspires and models a can-do spirit for making Mar Vista the absolute best it can be, and is extremely accessible to parents. The parent body is wonderful. People from every walk of life and a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds make Mar Vista Elementary school one that truly reflects the city we live in. Parents have myriad opportunities for involvement and rise to the very real challenge of being an active and involved part of their children's lives at school. The campus is lovely and well cared for - a real neighborhood school.

Posted August 12, 2013
My son had an amazing kindergarten experience at Mar Vista. The school offers a lot of extras that have been cut from many other LAUSD schools, such as weekly art classes, P.E., computer teacher, due to the parental fund raising done. There are many ways to be active and involved with the school and I always felt welcome. I am so happy to be a part of this community!

Posted December 13, 2012
'Doesn't really matter much now I guess, but I attended Mar Vista Elementary in the early 1950's(!). I've never forgotten the wonderful, welcoming start the school gave me at the outset of my formal education. I have been on the faculty at Oregon State University since 1975. Thanks Mar Vista!!

Posted November 25, 2012
My child culminated from Mar Vista in June and while we are excited about middle school, we are sad to leave the positive atmosphere of this excellent school. While the API is well into the 900 s, few schools nowadays are as committed to students and not solely test scores as is Mar Vista. The principal, Katherine Choe, is driven, organized, and her work ethic is unmatched -- a wise leader indeed. My child's teachers consistently worked collaboratively within their grade level to enrich the curriculum as well as to address the needs of ALL students, not only struggling students. In my opinion, this is the hallmark of an excellent school. The Wonder of Reading library is a strong asset too, and the enrichment programs such as art, music, science lab, computer education, physical education and Spirit Series are a few of the components contributing to the excellence of Mar Vista. My family was lucky enough to have had the opportunity for our child to be educated at Mar Vista. It has provided a strong foundation for her future education and we attribute a good part of her future academic success to this exemplary school.

Posted February 12, 2012
Our 2 daughters are attending the school. A public school that could easily compete with any private schools out there. Excellent support, great community, our kids love the school.

Posted June 25, 2011
My son did just graduate 5th grade from Mar Vista yesterday. He was only there for 1 year but we are so happy he had a chance to go there. It was an amazing school and he has been so great for him there. Special thanks to his amazing teacher Ms. Dotson. And also to thanks to Mrs. Berman for all the extra help she gave him. Now he is off to middle school, but we will not forget this great school.

Mar Vista Elementary School
3330 Granville Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90066
Last modified Mar Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mar Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 111 reviews. Top