Los Angeles, CA

Posted September 20, 2013
Oh come on, people! I attended this school for seven whole years (from Kinder. to 6th Grade.) I'm in 8th Grade now and I have to say Marianna was awesome! I don't know what you people are talking about! Maybe if you would've kept your kid in the school, you may have realized that it's better than you think. It's academics may be a bit low, but i don't see a problem w/ a 792 API, for an elementary, that's awesome! Plus, I was in the Gifted Program and I got Advanced on the CSTs every year. I know Marianna. The teachers are great, especially Mr. Martinez, Mrs. Ron, and every other teacher there. Just because it's in East LA, it doesn't mean you have hate. That's all I have to say...Goodbye.

Posted June 19, 2012
Awesome school. Wonderful staff and teachers. So happy with the education my children are receiving.

Posted January 31, 2011
I feel over the past 3 years, the school has been doing a great job under the new leadership. This past year they skyrocketed 39 API points and reached "Safe Harbor" in AYP! It is unfortunate that a few parents have anonymously (cowardly) criticized the school and its Principal.

Marianna Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2010
The only thing weak about Marianna is the Principal. Unfortunately, this is an extremely important role. It is difficult for the school to perform to capacity without strong leadership. Teachers are prepared and keep parents informed as to how our children are doing but, without strong leadership I fear for the near future of Marianna.

Marianna Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted June 16, 2009
This school is not at all organized. They do not accomodate working parents by any means. The few teachers that I have interacted with are their for the kids and their education. I had to take my child out of the classroom, due to the lack of education in that classroom. Corresspondance is not sent out on time, everything is ALWAYS last minute. Fundraising is a JOKE nothing ever changes in this school. SOmeone should do an Audit and ask the parents if they are happy with their children's teachers. I know what my answer would be.

Posted May 30, 2009

Posted October 05, 2008

Marianna Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2007
This school has some highly organized teachers who are truly devoted to their profession. I have two boys in the early grades and so far they have had a healthy and productive experience. Ms. Kunihiro really is looking out for the best interest of her students!

Marianna Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted November 30, 2006
I just want to say that in reality this school is academically very low. I did not understand why but, I did not want to wait and find out so I took my child out of this school. This school does not shine at all.

Marianna Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted November 10, 2006
Wonderful school and community. This school makes East LA shine! Office staff is friendly and always ready to answer questions etc. Hands down, the best special ed program in the Local District 5. Milligan is the best teacher on spec ed. staff. Teachers are very knowledgeable of the standards and how to scaffold their lessons for each student. Awesome room environments, just walk in and see for yourself! Students are engaged and asking questions, working cooperatively and learning how o become independent thinkers and learners. Strong, thriving parent center that reaches out to school and community. Administration is very involved with the teachers, parents and students. They conduct regular classroom visits. They are interested in talking to the students and asking them what they are learning. Teachers are professional, courteous to parents, most are completing masters degrees and administrative credentials. School: Parent communication is priority, regular newsletters/flyers sent home weekly/monthly.

Marianna Avenue Elementary School
4215 East Gleason Street, Los Angeles, CA  90063
Last modified Marianna Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marianna Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top