Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,164

Edwin Markham Middle School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
I am currently and eighth grader at Markham Middle School in Watts. I grew up in Watts and in its surroundings. Markham is known for its bad reputation of bullying and what not, but not everything about this school is bad. There are many programs like MESA (Mathematics,Engineering,Science,Achievement), Boys and Girls Club and other programs. We also have a Magnet program that has improved students' performance for the last three years. During my three years at Markham I was lucky enough to have the greatest teachers that have supported me. Mr. Espinoza and Mr. Gerlach are two MESA Instructors that have made my years at Markham the best. Unfortunately, this year they are leaving Markham because they have struggled to keep fighting for MESA because they don't receive the professional support they need. I am truly sad about their departure, but I know that wherever they go, they WILL make the difference in the students.

Edwin Markham Middle School 3

Posted October 08, 2013
Our school is full of hard working teachers. They want the best for all of their students and they work as many hours as needed to get it done. We have grown in academic success over the past 5 years and will continue to work hard. We have a lot of technology and a differentiated literacy program to help our students achieve. Markham is a beautiful brick school with what we call the "Markham Farm."

Edwin Markham Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My school was a pleasant surprise for the surrounding area. My son started in the 6th grade and is now in his last year as an 8th grader. The staff all know his name and for good reasons but mainly because they truly care about him and his future. They have taken the time to tell him its not where you live but how you live and learn and grow. I'm proud of the staff at Markham!

Posted June 14, 2012
I have twin daughters they are in 8th graders at markham. they work realy hard to graduate but on monday one of my twins got jumped by 6 girls when my other duaghter n their friend helped her they got removed from the ceremony my girls never been in trouble they where removed for defending themselves. the administratio at the school is really rediculous they should have somebody over seeing them and there socal security is worse

Posted July 12, 2011
My son is in all AP classes but the teachers are disrespectful and maybe should consider retiring very early because they have lost the ability to treat students like human beings!!! My son is polite and respect everyone!! We have raised him well and I am very proud of him! But a few of the teachers that he unfortunately had this past year are a great disappointment and I wish someone would put nanny cams or sumthing to that effect to expose these teachers for the idiots they are!! I wish I could move out of the area so that my son does not get discouraged with school but that is not an option right now!!! And if I have to go back and meet with these poor excuse of a teacher Lord knows I will catch a case for smacking them upside the head!!!

Edwin Markham Middle School 2

Posted August 31, 2010
I'm a parent at Markham. I have a son who soon will be a 7th grader there. I'm happy and very pround to know that there API scores went up a little. Hey something is something... Thanks to the teachers who has worked so hard to make this possible.. And to the students at Markham.. Always believe in your self. Don't let people think of you as u can't do anything because we are from watts..... be proud of you're self and if you need help ask for that help!! Remember the winner always asks for help and the looser stays stays in the same place all because they didn't ask for directions.. Keep up the good work Markham!!!!! And always think of your self as the winner!!!!

Edwin Markham Middle School 5

Posted September 02, 2009

Edwin Markham Middle School 5

Posted June 28, 2009
This school is great and ma child loved all the teachers there and the staff

Posted October 28, 2008

Edwin Markham Middle School 2

Posted September 14, 2008

Edwin Markham Middle School
1650 East 104th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90002
Last modified Edwin Markham Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edwin Markham Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top