Bad
Good

My words cannot express how upset I am. This school used to be amazing! The faculty, staff and administrators were incredible, but a couple of years ago a new principal was put in place. Since then the quality of education and the overall climate of the school have gone downhill. It is so upsetting. Good teachers are leaving. (PLEASE COME BACK MR. BENOIT!!!!) Parents are sending their children to other schools. The current administration is destroying all that was great about this school. It pains me....but I pulled my children and put them in a private school. It's so sad. I hope someone steps in and removes this principal before the school is completely destroyed.

I attended this school and I had great teachers and I have the best memories from this school!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Develops character: Agree

We had moral and upstanding teachers. It was up to the students to integrate their teachings into their lives. As it always is.

I attended this school and so did my brothers. We had great teachers who did well in college at good or top schools. They taught us well. I went on to UCLA, so did one of my brothers. We enjoyed the school. There are students that do not "achieve" but that is not the cause of the school - but the parents and students themselves. The important factor is the teaching quality and resources. These enabled us and many others to succeed academically. I would send my kids here when the time comes.

This school is all about which program your child is in. Our son was part of the School for Environmental Studies, and it was AMAZING! We were so happy with the program. They receive some sort of grant and do not participate in the magnet program because they are better than a magnet! My son went on so many field trips and started loving school! The director is fantastic and is always there when you need him. The principal and assistant principals aren't so great but that didn't seem to affect the Environmental program our son was in. The director lives in the neighborhood and really cares about the kids.

Currently a student at enrolled in the SAS program at John Marshall High, and I am trying to transfer. The teachers are horrible; they make racist comments, have class favorites, and are extremely rude. On top of that, the teachers that I have don't teach, yet they have a very high unset standard. I've never disliked a school to this extent. All of my other friends are trying to look for other high schools to attend because they don't like the school as well. I hope there would be better teachers later on for the future students.

I loved going here! The people are nice and the teachers are great, Mr.Benoit and Mrs.Hill are the best!

john marshall high school is a great school even the Dean is helpful when it comes to situations

I am a Marshall alum and I loved my time there. It was academically challenging and I was able to be involved in Theatre activities as well. But its not solely on the students or teachers to make a school great, parents HAVE to get involved. There was a new math when I went called IMP or IMG... my mother talked to the academic counselors and insisted I take regular math instead and I am so glad she did. It helped me out a lot more when I went to UCLA than taking that weird experimental math. And yes, even though this school may be rated a 5, I went to UCLA and graduated from there with honors! Marshall is great especially when everyone in the community is involved.

Last modified John Marshall Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.