Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Mayberry has been a great experience for my son and our family. They have a solid balance of creativity, structure, flexibility and consistency. The staff is informative, engaging and on top of it. We're in the Dual Language program (Español/English) and I cannot express how much this has helped our son focus, thrive, develop his skills personally and socially. How enthused the staff is about this program is a testament to the synergy that seems to happen there with the kids. Lastly, I really appreciate the diversity at Mayberry a great mix of children from all points of the globe. Truly a magical and worldly place to start for any kid. After all, they Are the Mayberry Magicians!

My daughter was enrolled in the Dual Language kinder class at Mayberry Street School last year. She spent 3 hours learning English and three more hours in the Spanish class. The two dual language teachers worked very well together and made learning fun. My daughter is now able to talk and read in Spanish and English and we couldn't be happier for her! She loves going to Mayberry and can't wait to start first grade. Having a child in dual language requires more parent involvement, but the rewards of having a child speak two languages is worth it!

My daughter currently attends Pre-K with Ms Garcia. She told me just the other day that she loves going to school. I find that my daughter has learned so much in class and she always has something new to tell me. Another plus is how my husband and I are able to communicate with Ms Garcia when ever we drop off or pick up our daughter (communication is not limited to scheduled visits). We constantly get updates on her learning progress and worksheets to review on upcoming learning activities so we as parents can help. A school like Mayberry and a teacher like Ms Garcia are just the thing a kid needs to develop healthy learning and communications skills. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who asks.

So sorry to hear that your experience at Mayberry was not pleasant. I also have a child in that class and they truly love it! The teacher is very caring. Everyone at Mayberry has been welcoming and pleasant. mSometimes we need to reflect on our approach and parenting before we play the blame game.

Where do I begin with how wonderful this school is, my son attended Pre-K and is currently in Kindergarten and the amount of knowledge that he brings home daily is amazing. Not only is he excited about learning because of the teachers but he looks forward to the next day in class. The staff is by far the best everyone from the office to teachers is so attentive and friendly. The communication between school and parent is amazing I not only get an email in regards to alerts but also a phone call with any parent teacher conferences, field trips and school events. I will have my son in this school for as long as possible.

Outstanding school! Not just a great school but a safe place where your child would be cared for along with receiving a great education. Wonderful, caring, well prepared educators, staff and amicable office staff. Come check it out! You need to come and check it out!

Horrible school! I pulled my son out of pre-k because the teacher was demeaning and could care less about her behavior. After reporting it to the principal I expected the teacher to come to me to see how we could work together. Instead I had to initiate the conversation and she simply stated "I am ok with you going to the principal that is why she gets paid more than I do. You can go to her any time." Needless to say not what I expected to hear. Like most first time parents I couldn't wait to send my first born off to school and get to see him learn, excel and come home excited from school. Instead it was stressful, frustrating and disappointing. The teacher has no desire to teach the children she is simply there to collect a paycheck. I transferred my son to another school and in two months he has already learned more than he did in the 6 months he was with this teacher. Every situation in life has a lesson to be learned and the most gratifying part of this whole process is that my son now knows what a terrible teacher is and what a great teacher is. I would never recommend this school. The reason they have bullying issues is because the staff are bullies themselves.

Hopefully Mayberry is able to pick up on the bullying that kids encounter here. Its a shame that many kids have been moved for that reason. I hope staff picks up on negative things and can make a change for the better. Some teachers are good, some staff is ready to help you with any problem, but it does not mean that everyone is always "up for it".

Mayberry is great school! Small size, staff knows all kids by name, and a PTO that enables the students to experience many things that cannot be funded by the school due to budget cuts. Free after school enrichment classes, apple computer lab, positive behavior stars prog., Mayberry money+store, 4th grade art class, 5th grade full circle, 6th grade Spiritt Series and picnic, etc.. Thank you to the parent volunteers that make this possible! Teachers are great and hopefully the new principal adds more to this already positive community for the kids to learn in!!

This school is a great place to be at, I've volunteered in my child's class and everyone has been very friendly and nice. I like it when i am greeted by the office staff when I walk through the office and sign in. This is a safe school.

Last modified Mayberry Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.