Posted May 08, 2014
My daughter currently attends Pre-K with Ms Garcia. She told me just the other day that she loves going to school. I find that my daughter has learned so much in class and she always has something new to tell me. Another plus is how my husband and I are able to communicate with Ms Garcia when ever we drop off or pick up our daughter (communication is not limited to scheduled visits). We constantly get updates on her learning progress and worksheets to review on upcoming learning activities so we as parents can help. A school like Mayberry and a teacher like Ms Garcia are just the thing a kid needs to develop healthy learning and communications skills. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who asks.

Posted May 05, 2014
So sorry to hear that your experience at Mayberry was not pleasant. I also have a child in that class and they truly love it! The teacher is very caring. Everyone at Mayberry has been welcoming and pleasant. mSometimes we need to reflect on our approach and parenting before we play the blame game.

Posted May 05, 2014
Where do I begin with how wonderful this school is, my son attended Pre-K and is currently in Kindergarten and the amount of knowledge that he brings home daily is amazing. Not only is he excited about learning because of the teachers but he looks forward to the next day in class. The staff is by far the best everyone from the office to teachers is so attentive and friendly. The communication between school and parent is amazing I not only get an email in regards to alerts but also a phone call with any parent teacher conferences, field trips and school events. I will have my son in this school for as long as possible.

Posted May 04, 2014
Outstanding school! Not just a great school but a safe place where your child would be cared for along with receiving a great education. Wonderful, caring, well prepared educators, staff and amicable office staff. Come check it out! You need to come and check it out!

Mayberry Street Elementary School 1

Posted May 04, 2014
Horrible school! I pulled my son out of pre-k because the teacher was demeaning and could care less about her behavior. After reporting it to the principal I expected the teacher to come to me to see how we could work together. Instead I had to initiate the conversation and she simply stated "I am ok with you going to the principal that is why she gets paid more than I do. You can go to her any time." Needless to say not what I expected to hear. Like most first time parents I couldn't wait to send my first born off to school and get to see him learn, excel and come home excited from school. Instead it was stressful, frustrating and disappointing. The teacher has no desire to teach the children she is simply there to collect a paycheck. I transferred my son to another school and in two months he has already learned more than he did in the 6 months he was with this teacher. Every situation in life has a lesson to be learned and the most gratifying part of this whole process is that my son now knows what a terrible teacher is and what a great teacher is. I would never recommend this school. The reason they have bullying issues is because the staff are bullies themselves.

Mayberry Street Elementary School 2

Posted October 14, 2013
Hopefully Mayberry is able to pick up on the bullying that kids encounter here. Its a shame that many kids have been moved for that reason. I hope staff picks up on negative things and can make a change for the better. Some teachers are good, some staff is ready to help you with any problem, but it does not mean that everyone is always "up for it".

Mayberry Street Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2013
Mayberry is great school! Small size, staff knows all kids by name, and a PTO that enables the students to experience many things that cannot be funded by the school due to budget cuts. Free after school enrichment classes, apple computer lab, positive behavior stars prog., Mayberry money+store, 4th grade art class, 5th grade full circle, 6th grade Spiritt Series and picnic, etc.. Thank you to the parent volunteers that make this possible! Teachers are great and hopefully the new principal adds more to this already positive community for the kids to learn in!!

Posted September 12, 2013
This school is a great place to be at, I've volunteered in my child's class and everyone has been very friendly and nice. I like it when i am greeted by the office staff when I walk through the office and sign in. This is a safe school.

Posted September 11, 2013
My kids come to this school and I have never encountered any major problems. The staff is very friendly and welcoming and when my kids have had incidents that I'm not ok with I just talk to the teachers and things get resolved. Teachers are very dedicated volunteering their time to do activities that go beyond their workday. PTO works very hard to bring new programs and administration is very welcoming and helpful, always willing to listen to try to resolve problems.

Posted September 11, 2013
Mayberry St. is a great school with dedicated teachers and staff. PTO raises a lot of money for extracurricular activities and programs. I highly recommend this school..

Mayberry Street Elementary School
2414 Mayberry Street, Los Angeles, CA  90026
Last modified Mayberry Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayberry Street Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top