Los Angeles, CA

Mckinley Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted June 14, 2011
I am giving this school 5 stars because of the quality of education that was given to my daughter while she attended. My daughter is classified as a gifted student. She has been since the second grade and now she is in the sixth grade. Gifted children at this school are grouped together by grade and they all move along to the same teachers the following years. The Gifted / GATE teachers at this school have to be some of the best teachers that I have ever met. Throughout her years at this school, my daughter has constantly scored into the 90% on all California Standardized tests. This speaks tremendously of the teachers that my daughter has had. Most of the other students in her class also achieve these high scores. The teachers make learning fun and have always been to challenge their students. One thing that I love is that these students are always polite friendly and very well spoken for their ages. You don't hear too much slang or "ghetto" talk from these kids. These students are more like family members than just a bunch of kids to their teachers. Have your child tested for participation in the Gifted/GATE classes. It is the best choice for your children.

Mckinley Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
The staff at this school are all dedicated to educating children, in a loving supportive environent. Parents are not only welcome but encourage to get involved.

Mckinley Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2009
I love Mckinley.. I actually went to Mckinley as a child now my daughter attends Mckinley and the crazy thing is that my daughter teacher went to elementary, middle school and high school with me... Its the best scenario. YOU as a parnet have to be involved in the school. You cant rely soly on the teacher or the school to help improve your child. I have no complaints about the school. Her teacher and I are in constant contact about her academics and I never fill miss informed or left out. yes the school offers classes to non-english parents because the school is mostly made up of hispanics or non-english speaking parents. So why not help them so that they can better help theirs kids? as for a after school program they have the WRAP program and its okay. GO COUGARS!!!!

Mckinley Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted June 29, 2007
McKinley is not a very helpful school for parents because they do not inform the parents of school activities. They hold meetings for non-speaking English parents to learn English! They claim they are one of the best in the District 7, but my children don't seem to be learning as much. I tried to get my son to participate on activities that they might have, but was told that they don't have any extracurricular activities for children. I asked about the after school program and the office personnel told me that they didn't know about it, nor anybody in the office had a clue! The personnel don't seem to know what they are doing there!

Mckinley Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2007
McKinley has lots of potential. Many students are having difficulty w/ academics. Admin. & teachers are struggling with communication. Teachers are dedicated, however, administration is not willing to support them. Admin & teachers: take time to actually know the reading & math program that your school is presenting. Bits and pieces just will not do. Stop doing things the old way and become more progressive in your thinking. Admin. should spend the money in Kinder and first grade, then you will see the fruits of your labor, as those students move on. School has many resources. Safe/loving staff and environment.

Mckinley Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2005
I like the way that McKinnley is teaching the students about other nationalities. I also like the way that they have taught the science class for the third graders, and nutrition. I am aware of their tutor program which I think is very good. It allows students to get the help where they need it, and not at the expense of the other students.

Mckinley Avenue Elementary School
7812 Mckinley Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90001
Last modified Mckinley Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckinley Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top