Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 1,273

Posted December 16, 2013
. a neighborhood is a geographical area surrounded by trees, grass dirt, cars and buildings. I think it is wrong on anyone's part to say that the neighborhood is bad. example: 1 can take all of the people in Beverly hills, & all of the people near Muir , & swap both groups with both neighborhoods, & Muire's neighborhood, would eventually function as the Beverly hills does, & the same goes with Beverly hills, it would eventually start to function as Muir does. geographical masses of land house no emotion, or bitterness encased within its earths crust. its the people which shape an effective environment (parents plus teachers) one of the most effective educators at Muir (Ms. Tammy T Nettles 6th grade) once told me. that "it takes a village to raise a child", Muir is a great school because there are caring teachers there like Ms. Nettles. Ms.Nettles has enough in-heart desire for student success to create a contagious cancer like thirst for higher achievement .these are the types of educators that make a difference in a child's life I have heard many stories about the school and the teachers working there, but the best stories always told about educators like her..

Posted June 24, 2013
This school isn't horrible it's like any other school and,it's really stereotyped. However, I am a graduate class of 2012 and this school helped my growth. It made a realized the road I wanted in the future and no you don't have to be in a gifted program or magnet to succeed. Although its a really good look to be in one of those but much better to be a usc nai scholar. I made it to the high school program by building my work ethic since I was never in any of those programs as mentioned. The school can I'm prove in staff with integrity and not give many warnings to misbehaved students because the students make the school seem how it is but staff can also improve in giving students adequate and appropriated level work I was really concerned towards that my year some students that should had have the privilege to be gifted or magnet were there when others had to mange learning more in other disruptive classes. Overall this school help me grow into a teen phase.

John Muir Middle School 1

Posted March 17, 2013
This is a terrible school, please do not send your kids to this school! I went to this middle for my 3 years and i saw so many things I should of never seen, so many bad things happened to me at this school, the kids were out of control, the teachers acted so careless and mean. Most kids in the school got into gangs and drugs and so many other terrible things. And I bet the other people who rated the school that said students probably had to do it at school.

Posted October 27, 2011
I'm a 7th grader here at John muir. It's my first year and so far it's great. Ive made a couple of friends,really funny and there is also great teachers in the magnet program u really learn alot in my classes.they also have a program called NAI and it's classes on Saturday to get a scholarship to USC but I think only for magnet Ya there are fights but that's at every school!(:

Posted April 28, 2010
as a 6th grader at muir, i an say tht this school is acceptable. they have magnet programs and opportunities to get into college,NAI,but since this is my first year, i would expect problems, but i find it pretty easy as a 6th grader because its a pretty safe environment!!!!!i love this school

Posted May 16, 2009
as an 8th grader at this school i have to say is OK... i mean the school is pretty average i would have to say. the teachers are very helpful and dont mind going out of there way to help a student. this school has a pretty good magnet program. every one is pretty nice. as for the students there pretty defiant... i mean not every one is bad but atleast in every class u'll find a bad kid. as for the after school programs threr pretty ok. they have a program called MESA which a science and math program endorsed by USC i was in theis program and i enjoyed my self even one a few compitions that were held on usc campus. they also have AVID and NAI also endorsed by USC. not much extra curriclar activites.

John Muir Middle School 1

Posted May 01, 2009

Posted September 05, 2008

John Muir Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2008

Posted April 30, 2008
great math teacher and goes around and help the kids when ever they want they have in after school program for the boys in school called boy's 2 men they help with every lil thing there is to help you with they talk about mexican history black history and even things the school dont tell you in books we found out more about martin luther king cesar chavez and more african and hispanic. we met the mayor in he helps the program as much as he can we go to the city hall to listen to the mayor and congress. we go to meeting with shirt in tie. we say yes sir or yes mam to a ladie or a gentleman. but i just want yall to know how much john muir have done for threr student and how boys 2 men help these young men get all there knowledge

John Muir Middle School
5929 South Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90044
Last modified John Muir Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top