Los Angeles, CA

Nevin Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted November 11, 2012
The area around the school is not the greatest, but the school itself, atleast when I attended there was a great. The teachers I had really cared about their students, and tried very hard to help them achieve excellence. I have nothing but great memories from my time at this school. Apart from the great teachers, the staff was great as well. Now I attend San Diego State University, and I truly believe that this school, and the great academic foundation it formed for me had a great impact on where I am today.

Nevin Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2012
Nevin Avenue was an amazing school. It is located in a bad area, but it is a great school! I don't think everyone there has low scores because most of the people that I knew had great scores. I went on to attend Magnet schools and I am part of an OA Orchestra. I believe the teachers in Nevin should focus more on writing and having the children read a lot more.

Posted April 08, 2010
Nevin has made huge improvements over the last few years. New administration has taken over that sincerely cares about the students and community. Parents are starting to participate more. CST scores are going up. Great things are happening in this school!

Posted July 10, 2007

Posted October 03, 2006
- a former student
I am a 17 yr old who went to Nevin as a child. I remember many of the teachers and the education. Nevin might be in a bad neighborhood but that doesn't mean that it is a bad school. Many of the people who attended there as children remember it clearly and give thanks that they went to that school because if it wasn't for them they wouldn't be as successful as they are. I for one am very successful I go to college and up to this day I still have in mind their motto: 'I can Yo Puedo' because they taught us that we can and we will achive.

Nevin Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2006
As a child I attended Nevin Elementary. I remember my education there fondly. However, it was a much smaller school then. Things have changed greatly now and the school now seems to have more students than ever. There has been much change in administration and as far as past administration goes, I am sad to say that it deteriorated the organization of how the school is run. On a positive note, teachers there are kind and attentive and take a real commited interest in my child's education. I am optimistic that things will improve since new administrators have now taken over. I hope that the school will return to the way I so fondly remember it.

Nevin Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted December 26, 2005
For the area, Nevin is a pretty good school. The test scores are low and it is a totallly minority school. But the teacher quality is pretty good although some of the excellent veteran teachers are beginning to retire.

Posted July 20, 2004

Nevin Avenue Elementary School
1569 East 32nd Street, Los Angeles, CA  90011
Last modified Nevin Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nevin Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top