Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Florence Nightingale Middle School 2

Posted January 21, 2016
Yeah when I went here a few years ago, believe me, most of the teachers were very friendly and would go out of their way to help you. There was one thing that really upset me. I was bullied and I had no one to turn to. I was mistreated by so many people and to this day I have not fully recovered from all of the experiences that I have had. Many people just did not get along with me and I never understood why, even when I tried to be nice. I have held onto for too long. Other than that, I liked the fact that I was able to be with many people and such. However, I hated the school in that some people were racists. Some of the students referred to other Asian students as Chinos and they even asked if you could drive or not.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 21, 2016
I would like to thank flaxenburg for having been such a wonderful geometry teacher who had been very patient with me. Even though students may not have liked him, he was terrific. Lexius was great too. Skov, although somewhat demanding and hard to deal with, was also a very helpful woman.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted January 21, 2016
There are good and bad teachers. I got yelled at by one woodshop teacher who simply did not know how ot handle his own emotions and was asked to leave his workshop when i didn't know how to cut wood and stuff. I was also being told many mean things. Cugley, an English teacher, never cared at all. I detested this man ever since I met him. He always sided with others and such when I got in trouble for things I did do and things I didn't do and felt like it was justified.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 21, 2016
There was a lot of homework given but some teachers who were new or didn't care would not give you any and you felt as though that was not the way to teach and not the way to learn.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted January 21, 2016
I felt as though i wanted to learn being here, but due to the constant harassment, I was very upset. I was always upset and sometimes I felt that this place was not conducive to learning. Despite being harassed, I enjoyed being here and at times felt like it was home. Students were willing to work hard for it and it was wonderful.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted January 21, 2016
It really depends on the person or persons you are dealing with. It was tough for me personally.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted January 21, 2016
Not really. If you are of Asian descent, you are more likely to experience discrimination and be given a mouthful of ignorant remarks. Even if you suffer in silence, they do not care. The majority will just be favored over the minority. People gave you suspicious looks and never trusted you. Compassion, zero. Caring, somewhat. Empathy, hardly.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted January 21, 2016
I do not know about now, but back then, there were a lot of fights and when some of the former students returned to visit, they were asked to leave. Once you are out of there, they do not care about you at all. I detested being mistreated for so long and had to suffer in silence. This school is not fair in how they treat others.

Florence Nightingale Middle School 5

Posted August 04, 2013
Awesome school!I got to meet new people when I was new C:.The teachers are nice(But not Ms.Person xD.She can be mean tbh).So yeah, awesome school (:.

Florence Nightingale Middle School 5

Posted February 29, 2012
This school is a hidden gem. Look at the data. They had the highest Geometry scores in the entire school district! In all of LAUSD! That's first out of over 175 middle and high schools. That's amazing!

3311 North Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified Florence Nightingale Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.