Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Yeah when I went here a few years ago, believe me, most of the teachers were very friendly and would go out of their way to help you. There was one thing that really upset me. I was bullied and I had no one to turn to. I was mistreated by so many people and to this day I have not fully recovered from all of the experiences that I have had. Many people just did not get along with me and I never understood why, even when I tried to be nice. I have held onto for too long. Other than that, I liked the fact that I was able to be with many people and such. However, I hated the school in that some people were racists. Some of the students referred to other Asian students as Chinos and they even asked if you could drive or not.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are good and bad teachers. I got yelled at by one woodshop teacher who simply did not know how ot handle his own emotions and was asked to leave his workshop when i didn't know how to cut wood and stuff. I was also being told many mean things. Cugley, an English teacher, never cared at all. I detested this man ever since I met him. He always sided with others and such when I got in trouble for things I did do and things I didn't do and felt like it was justified.

Amount of homework: Agree

There was a lot of homework given but some teachers who were new or didn't care would not give you any and you felt as though that was not the way to teach and not the way to learn.

Develops character: Disagree

I do not know about now, but back then, there were a lot of fights and when some of the former students returned to visit, they were asked to leave. Once you are out of there, they do not care about you at all. I detested being mistreated for so long and had to suffer in silence. This school is not fair in how they treat others.

Awesome school!I got to meet new people when I was new C:.The teachers are nice(But not Ms.Person xD.She can be mean tbh).So yeah, awesome school (:.

This school is a hidden gem. Look at the data. They had the highest Geometry scores in the entire school district! In all of LAUSD! That's first out of over 175 middle and high schools. That's amazing!

Was very impressed with the 30 plus A.P.I gain. Scored higher than any other school in the area!! Go Nightingale!!

Nightingale Middle School has a strong approach toward academics, sportsmanship and community involvement. My time at Nightingale helped me to do well in high school and later at UCLA. I was involved in MESA, UCAP, SRLA, the Football Carnival, the 5k, the annual Track meet and the amazing music program. Teachers at Nightingale really care about us. I am now one year away from graduating from UCLA and I believe the root of my success is based on my wonderful experiences at Nightingale Middle School. Nightingale has many, many clubs and organizations that students have available to them. Also, many teachers stay after school to assist students. I feel that any student who attends Nightingale will find a pathway to success.

This school has a tremendous variety of opportunities for its students! Academic excellence, the arts, athletics, and other interests are all available as students are held to high standards of achieving success.

Last modified Florence Nightingale Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.