Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

When I moved into neighborhood, many parents that had their children attending 93rd said the teachers are tough but they get your child studying. It is true and teachers are always calling you

Amount of homework: Agree

I heard the principal say in a meeting, homework is an extension of what is learned in class. What a great comment!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Coffee with the principal, parent meetings and school wide events really help in understanding what is expected of students. You can tell teachers really care at this school.

This school is a gem in the inner city. My son was struggling in kindergarten and I didn't believe the support I got from 93rd Street Staff. They have a counselor that actually helps you with getting community support, they have a nurse that actually calls you back, they have many aides on the yard supervising students and not just hanging around, they have a school mental health program on campus that helps children when they are going through tough times, and above else I'm hearing from many parents they have many old teachers that care and really teach.

This school is nothing like it was before since the principal Mrs. Rubenstain retire this school has gone down in all ways. The playground is not safe at all there's bulling going on I have reported to the principal and his answers is there's no money to hire staff to take care of the kids. Am definitely changing my kid to another school. The principal doesn't support after school programs and it seem like there's a lot of conflict between the teachers and him

the teacher are absent all the time my child had been with substitute teachers for more than 6 month worst school

I went to 93rd when it was first built. It was a wonderful school. One of my teachers, Mrs. Marilyn Douroux passed this year. She was my 5th grade teacher. We always kept in touch. I am now 57 years old. Praise God for a wonderful school and staff and parents.

I love 93rd st. Elementary school because they want to teach the children as much as possible from reading to math and other subjects! my son is a first grader and when my son needs help they tell me with what he needs the help with! he has a good teacher!her name is ms. Mitwalli and i think she is great!

93rd Street Elementary provides rigorous instruction that not only meets the CA standards, but also challenges the students to be critical thinkers and problem solvers. I have only experienced excellent teachers at this school, and know they come prepared each day with fantastic lessons full of hands on and experiential learning. Both of my children have blossomed here. The principal has an excellent relationship with the kids, and they strive to please her. Amazing!!

The administration, teachers, and support staff are committed to the overall well being of the children at 93rd Street Elementary. In a community with few resources, they provide tangible examples of hard work, respect, and commitment. I applaud their efforts. I am proud to have my son attend 93rd Street Elementary.

Last modified Ninety-Third Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.