Bad
Good

Norwood Street Elementary School 1

Posted October 30, 2013
Overall there is no communication. Anything could happen at this school and you would never know. The teachers don't communicate with the parents. The office staff is no better. The receptionist is rude and unprofessional. I understand that they deal with a lot of lousy parents but that is no excuse to treat all parents with disrespect. The worst thing is that they never ask for picture ID when a child is being picked up at the office. Anyone could go in and request to take a child withouth proper verification. Very dissapointed in this school.

Posted August 02, 2013
My school is Norwood Street Elementary it is one of the most parent involved schools. I moved and transfered my kids out and realized what a bad choice I made and actually moved back so my children could go back to Norwood. The Prinicipal Mr Onodera is very involved and all the children and parents love him.

Norwood Street Elementary School 3

Posted September 16, 2009
I truly have yet to experience staff as calm and collective as those in the Norwood Street Elementart

Posted July 10, 2008
It is a great school. I have two children in this school. They like it too much. The teachers are dedicated, supportive to all student, and enthusiastic.

Posted November 27, 2007
As a former student, I had no hesitation in enrolling my daughter. I am very familiar with the staff at all levels and am very pleased with their commitment and support of all students. My daughter has had great teachers since Pre-K to her current 5th grade level: Very enthusiastic; very supportive of alls students; and set high standards for achievement. She has been given a solid foundation from which to grow and I feel she will be able to meet all academic challenges and strive above and beyond! Thank you Norwood Staff

Posted January 11, 2006
Norwood is a great school. The teachers are very dedicated and participate in many inservices to increase student achievement. They have increased their API scores yearly!

Posted August 15, 2005
Norwood is a great school with a mostly young and enthusiastic teaching staff. It's an arts prototype school where all artforms are encouraged.

Posted June 07, 2004
My two children attend this school. This school has come along to better times. The new building gives the kids sense of pride for the new and improved school. I have been very lucky that my two children have had great teachers. Of course I am a parent that loves to be involved with what ever problem comes about with them. My only concern is that the attendance office does not verify parents ID when taking your child out of school (please work on this). Over all this school is great.

Posted April 13, 2004
I had a son there that was in the special day class at Norwood. It started off rocky for they had him in the wrong classroom, so we had to have a early IEP meeting which was the best I have attended since he left the schools in Burbank. Everyone there were great, on time and took their time with us made us as parents feel comfortable and like they really cared. The teacher there Mrs. Sevela and her aid Mrs. Jone oh they are the best there thus far. And the principal once you get to know her she is a wonderful person as well along with the rest of the staff. I highly recommend this school to all parents, it nice, clean, and very safe for all children.

Posted November 05, 2003
norwood is a great school I am no parent you know I am only 12 years old and the times I passed at norwood were the best I am now in middle school and i cant thank my principal Mrs. Dee Dee Lonnon enough I also have to thank Ms.Barrientos and Ms.Rhodes for all their support I couldn't have done this without you.

Norwood Street Elementary School
2020 Oak Street, Los Angeles, CA  90007-1307
Last modified Norwood Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.