Los Angeles, CA

Posted November 03, 2014
Dr. Sanders and the rest of the school staff are very involved in promoting good learning habits. I love the student drop off program that was placed into action not too long ago. I also appreciate how well informed this school keeps us parents/guardians. I'm so happy to know that my son attends a safe, happy and positive school.

One Hundred Twenty-Second Street Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2012
122nd Street Elementary School is a school in Willowbrook near Watts, California and there are

Posted November 22, 2011
Both of my kids attend this school. I think this is a great school.The Principal Dr. Sanders is great she is very involved with parents and always makes us feel welcome. The staff is awesome the teachers are great always putting the kids first. One hundred twnty second elementary school is one of the best schools in Los Angeles.

Posted June 28, 2010
My son graduated this year and i will truly miss this school, the WONDERFUL principal Miss Benton, great staff and the teachers that madea difference in my child's life Ms. Waynick and Mr. Tan. both Tan and Waynick taught gifted and my son respected and loved his teachers. Mr. Tan (5th grade teacher) is engaging, dedicated to the students and the community, and above all else he treats his entire class and their support system as family. This school went out of their way with extra activities for the students and Ms. Benton as an exceptional leader set the example for everyone. You find very, very, very few public schools in the inner city that are producing the scholars coming out of 122nd street. If you live anywhere close to this school don't let the location fool youth enroll your child and see for yourself. EXCELLENT!!!!!

Posted April 19, 2009
Super pleased with this school. The teacher are very good as the personnel to i like this school better then the others that my daughter had been before plus this school had a api of 781. I like the way the principal always make students feel welcome every morning at school. You could feel the energy when the principal tells the good morning. One hundred twentysecond street school the children answer back with good morning miss benton. It make you feel you want to go back to school.

One Hundred Twenty-Second Street Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2009

Posted September 09, 2007

One Hundred Twenty-Second Street Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2007
I think that this school is well on it's way to becoming a 'school of choice'. The Principal is awesome and is a very caring individual. She is concerned about the welfare of everyone and has done a lot to better the school and it's environment. Much has changed about the school and it's in part due to great leadership. Yes, some teachers have gone and new, vibrant, energetic, and wonderful teachers have entered. Just watch the test scores..they have almost tripled under her guidance. This school has a staff of excellent professionals and its so good to finally have a wonderful leader.

Posted August 02, 2007
There are only three real reasons why I choose to let my child continue at this school: 1) because this is my child's last year here and I want my child to experience a 'culmination' ceremony; 2) I could not get my child into the magnet school I chose for my child; and 3) because I am hopeful that my child will get the best 5th grade teacher I have evr seen at 122nd Street. Thank God for the dedication of the teachers at this school - they are some of the greatest teachers I have ever had the chance to meet. I'm still sad over the loss of many other great instructors from this school (they went to other schools), but I take comfort in the fact that my child will get a top-notch instructor and this will be my child's last year122nd.

Posted August 01, 2007
- a staff
122nd has some really dedicated teachers who put the needs of students first, much to the change of the principal. This school inherited a principal whose behavior is so unpleasant and unprofessional, it has greatly demoralized teachers and parents. The principal shows little respect and sensitivity to teachers, parents, and students. Still there was considerable parent involvement this past year, due to the hard work and efforts of the KPE director and staff during 2005-2007. This school is in dire need of a dynamic, sensitive, and effective leader who is willing to engage teachers, parents and students in collaborative decision making and planning rather than paying lip service to stakeholders and doing whatever she wants anyway.

One Hundred Twenty-Second Street Elementary School
405 East 122nd Street, Los Angeles, CA  90061
Last modified One Hundred Twenty-Second Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
One Hundred Twenty-Second Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top